·
Registered
31,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
31,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who's front half? Yay Weston! He did a nice job at nationals and the WDC.

·
Registered
31,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now to hope all helpers and teams stay safe in this heat. Crazy that it's that hot this early.

·
Registered
31,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Insane weekend with lots of blips and controversy. But here are the final results

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Like 4 people only did 1 phase. But the other 2 phases not DQ or Ins. What happened?

·
Super Moderator
18,685 Posts
This is not an official trial so when a dog/human team doesn't make it in one phase there is no reason to continue and they are allowed to pull. Also, a d/h team must receive more than 80 pts in each phase in order to make the world team.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Chico got a 90 is A then nothing?

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
The event page won't load so I can't see. I saw some of the controversy with a track, but that's it.

·
Premium Member
11,210 Posts
It is a real shame that the goal is not to put out the best possible team to represent our country - but to continue and escalate animosity and one upsmanship between GSDCA and USCA.....the photos of the team tell a real story.....

Unfortunately - that is the way this sport is - from puppy buyers to local clubs and all the way up....there is an unbelievable amount of pettiness, jealously and just plain snotty behavior in way too many people in the sport...I don't understand how loving GSDs and being involved in this sport generates so much hostility....from all reports this whole trial was full of "situations"

Lee

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
It is a real shame that the goal is not to put out the best possible team to represent our country - but to continue and escalate animosity and one upsmanship between GSDCA and USCA.....the photos of the team tell a real story.....

Unfortunately - that is the way this sport is - from puppy buyers to local clubs and all the way up....there is an unbelievable amount of pettiness, jealously and just plain snotty behavior in way too many people in the sport...I don't understand how loving GSDs and being involved in this sport generates so much hostility....from all reports this whole trial was full of "situations"

Lee
Sadly I've seen this in other dog sports as well.

·
Super Moderator
18,685 Posts
Yes, we are fielding a good team headed by last years WUSV winner Deb Zappia. She didn't have to do the qualifier since earned the right to go automatically.

Lee, I think the pettiness comes from those who do not love the GSD. The dog is just a tool to accomplish their goals, like a glove in baseball.

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Yes, we are fielding a good team headed by last years WUSV winner Deb Zappia. She didn't have to do the qualifier since earned the right to go automatically.

Lee, I think the pettiness comes from those who do not love the GSD. The dog is just a tool to accomplish their goals, like a glove in baseball.
or the bat :frown2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts