German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this on CL and although I sent the woman an e-mail, I wanted to post here as well.
"Heidi has been living with me since last April. She is a very pretty black and tan pure-bred, spayed, 2 year-old German Shepherd. She is sweet around me and most friends who come over, but very terrified of my 24-year-old son and after he comes for a visit, is nervous for 2-3 days, barking, not wanting to come in the house, not eating, etc. Her history is unclear: I got her from a breeder in NH (I can share that name if you're serious) where she had been returned at 16mo with no signs of being socialized, most likely being kept in a crate most of the time. I got rid of the crate which helped her to come out of her shyness, and she wants to be near me all the time. Right now she is lying on her bed in the other room but, if I get up, she'll come see what I'm doing.
She's good in the car, walks on a leash (with reminders), does chase cars if unattended, no accidents in the house or chewing other than her rawhide toys and sticks. She has plenty of energy and loves to go for long walks (unleashed in my fields and woods) and sticks close by me. She loves to play fetch (and keep-away!), but I'm not sure about her and other dogs.
I have tried having my son work with her but she cannot seem to get over her fear, and it has come down to the point where it's him or her, and he's my son. She's OK with my daughters and my other son and his friends, a bit shy but not terrified, but her fear of him is one of those irrational things that we can't seem to solve.
The ideal home for her would be a fenced yard but not essential, no young children (just to be safe) and another dog who is as big or bigger--male, possibly?
E-mail me here if you're interested. Thanks"

Female Germand Shepherd needs new home

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just spoke to the woman on the phone- she seems very nice, and cares alot about the dog. Apparently the shelter here suggested she use CL to find a home :(

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
She is a very pretty girl. Are there any rescues near the woman that she can contact?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave her the website for the German Shepherd Rescue of New England. Hopefully she will contact them... I also offered to take the dog temporarily if she was going to bring her to the shelter (although at 35 weeks pregnant and with a new puppy of our own that would be quite a chore, LOL). We'll see what happens!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Any updates on this dear little girl?

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She has gone to a new home on a trial basis. Hopefully everything will work out for her!! :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
She has gone to a new home on a trial basis. Hopefully everything will work out for her!! :)
I hope so too - :fingerscrossed: for the cutie!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts