German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal for a 2 week old puppy to sleep with a small piece of its tongue sticking out? And when she drinks from a bottle. I notice her tung is sticking out past her lower lip as she is sucking on the bottle.

We rescued 2 GSD 2 week pups from a mother that died because of bad owners. We took two of them to at least grow together for 2-3 months. Have never had pups so young and needing to be bottle fed. So I WANT TO MAKE SURE she is OK. And its just maybe a larger tongue then most. LOL :p

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
While I haven't had pups that young, both mine from the day we got them would occasionally sleep with their tongues out. Occasionally now at 2 1/2 yr my GSD still does. If the tongue looked like it was drying, I would just touch it, they would pull it back in and close their mouth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I haven't had pups that young, both mine from the day we got them would occasionally sleep with their tongues out. Occasionally now at 2 1/2 yr my GSD still does. If the tongue looked like it was drying, I would just touch it, they would pull it back in and close their mouth.
Thank you. Im sure im just being over projective. I just want to make sure. And our local petsmart bennafull-of-poop vet dont know anything. Just wanted to make sure there was no issue. Our girls were born April 20th. And we have never had to bottle feed or have never had pups so young. And just wanted to make sure. Thank you again.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts