German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I decided to join the forum finally as it gets closer to taking home my working line GSD. I have decided to go with Witmer-Tyson for my breeder of choice. I put down a deposit last week, and the litter was born on Friday, July 26th. Hopefully, the colors of the litter match what I want. =T.

I plan to title the lil' pup to at least schutzhund 2. I also plan on taking him on my running events and hopefully a half marathon ideally. =].

Now the hard part, the waiting game :cry: .

A little bit about myself:
My name is Ron, 25 year old graphic designer.
Recent graduate of SJSU with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in graphic design.
I enjoy running, movies, video games, dancing, tattoos, designing, and concerts!

Hopefully I am a frequent user on here and learn alot from the GSD community.

** if you are interested in advertising a service please check out the vendors' area. Otherwise advertising is not allowed on this board. Thank you ADMIN Lisa**

-Ron

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome and I feel your pain on the wait. I thought the day would never come when I would get my pup. Now he's 4 months and getting bigger by the day. Can't wait to see those pic's.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Hello everyone.

I decided to join the forum finally as it gets closer to taking home my working line GSD. I have decided to go with Witmer-Tyson for my breeder of choice. I put down a deposit last week, and the litter was born on Friday, July 26th. Hopefully, the colors of the litter match what I want. =T.

I plan to title the lil' pup to at least schutzhund 2. I also plan on taking him on my running events and hopefully a half marathon ideally. =].

Now the hard part, the waiting game :cry: .

A little bit about myself:
My name is Ron, 25 year old graphic designer.
Recent graduate of SJSU with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in graphic design.
I enjoy running, movies, video games, dancing, tattoos, designing, and concerts!

Hopefully I am a frequent user on here and learn alot from the GSD community.

**** Edited to remove business advertising ****
-Ron
Congrats and welcome! Why just a Schutzhund II?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome and I feel your pain on the wait. I thought the day would never come when I would get my pup. Now he's 4 months and getting bigger by the day. Can't wait to see those pic's.
thanks for the welcome, post up pics of your dog!

are u planning to title him? :wild:

·
Registered
230 Posts
My wait is down to 4 weeks, I'm sorry to say, it doesn't get easier :)

Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
230 Posts
well, at least Schutzhund II. dont wanna get ahead of myself now hahaha

thanks for the welcome! :laugh:
Going from nothing to Sch1 is the hardest part, might as well go all the way! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also,

I had a question for you folks who live in an apartment, how do you have everything set up? I live on the 2nd floor. I'm a little bit clueless on how to set up for him to use the bathroom. I will be home the 1st week I get him. But shall I crate train him while im at work? please help! also, how do I make it safe for him to come to work with me?

I work in an office, but its very open and no cubicles, (design firm type). How do I get him acclimated to that?

thank you to whoeever replies!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Congratulations. I love your enthusiasm. That is going to be one lucky pup!!

Is there somewhere in the office you can set up a crate or x-pen? I haven't raised a pup yet (been taking in adult rescues for years), so I'm not sure whether it works with a puppy, but can you tether him to you when he's not in the crate/pen?

I worked in an plan office like that when I adopted my Weim. She came with SA issues, so everyone at the office agreed she should come to work with me. For the first few weeks, I just kept her tethered under my desk with frequent walks around the building to potty. She was fearful, though, so she was content to stay safely under my desk at my feet until she was comfortable enough to start venturing out and accepting treats from my very generous and supportive colleagues. I can't imagine a GSD pup lying contentedly under a desk all day, tho, haha! But it is an awesome socialization opportunity! I think it was a miracle for her rehabilitation having everyone be soo patient about waiting for her to approach them. Can't wait to hear your stories :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations. I love your enthusiasm. That is going to be one lucky pup!!

Is there somewhere in the office you can set up a crate or x-pen? I haven't raised a pup yet (been taking in adult rescues for years), so I'm not sure whether it works with a puppy, but can you tether him to you when he's not in the crate/pen?

I worked in an plan office like that when I adopted my Weim. She came with SA issues, so everyone at the office agreed she should come to work with me. For the first few weeks, I just kept her tethered under my desk with frequent walks around the building to potty. She was fearful, though, so she was content to stay safely under my desk at my feet until she was comfortable enough to start venturing out and accepting treats from my very generous and supportive colleagues. I can't imagine a GSD pup lying contentedly under a desk all day, tho, haha! But it is an awesome socialization opportunity! I think it was a miracle for her rehabilitation having everyone be soo patient about waiting for her to approach them. Can't wait to hear your stories :)

thanks for the reply... I wouldnt mind buying another crate for the office. I just hope he doesn't bark much. But! my boss is willing for me to work half day in the office and the rest at home for the 1st month or so. Any idea how to set up my apartment?

thanks again. Ill post pics again soon, i have one at 6 weeks now, he's the biggest of his litter so far :D.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hmmm... I'm not sure about puppies, but I have a designated place for remotes controls and shoes, lol. Out of sight and reach, out of dog jaws ;)

Also, dogs don't know electric cords are dangerous, so I minimize access. I scared myself to death one day when I came home and saw that Jack had chewed into the power cord to a small ceramic space heater that I had left plugged in. There's a mark on the floor where it clearly made a spark. Thank goodness I have tile floors, or it could have been a serious tragedy with three dogs locked inside a burning house half an hour from the fire station :( That was a HUGE mistake, and the first and last time he has ever chewed on a cord.

Idk about puppies, really, but I searched the thread for puppy proofing and found this thread started by MaggieRoseLee!
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164027

1 - 12 of 12 Posts