German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obi is 2 months old today and he will be 9 weeks old on Saturday! We picked him out when he was 4 weeks old and his face was completely black except two small areas of brown above each eyebrow. Now look at him! We love it! It seems like all throughout the day we see him changing. I know they say puppies grow when they sleep, but wow! I had never heard of German Shepherd Puppies being called land sharks until I joined this group, but that is so spot on. He is getting really good at his EASY though. Sometimes I feel like he is more of a land piranha. Really, he is more like a cute and furry velociraptor. When he isn't acting like the crazy puppy we love and adore, he is the sweetest little guy ever. Everyday he gets smarter and smarter and he's learning us as we learn who he is. We love him so much and are so excited for a lifetime of adventures with him!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Cute puppy! Love the inquisitive expression on his face, like okay what's next?!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cute puppy! Love the inquisitive expression on his face, like okay what's next?!
Funny you say that because like a millisecond after taking the picture he bolted across the backyard to chase our Yorkie and then whine at the door because he wants to be a 24/7 inside dog because he thinks it's too hot and humid to be outside even long enough to only use the restroom. He is constant play, play, play and so nosey until he crashes hard haha.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So cute and still so innocent. Don't be fooled ;)
As cute and innocent as he is. I feel like he knows exactly what he is doing. He is just way too smart for his own good. He back talks, he plots his attacks on us, and knows just how to be cute enough to TRY to get his way. As much as we think we have him figured out, he just thinks of another way to keep us on our toes!

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
Sounds like a healthy pup! Puppy brains are sponges so teach him the rules now and it's best to stay with him for his potty breaks on leash so he won't develop bad habits towards your Yorkie. How does your Yorkie cope with the new friend?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a healthy pup! Puppy brains are sponges so teach him the rules now and it's best to stay with him for his potty breaks on leash so he won't develop bad habits towards your Yorkie. How does your Yorkie cope with the new friend?
It's not often they are outside together. So I never really thought of leashing him when they are outside together. Our Yorkie's favorite hobby is sleeping. Sleeping and spending time with us. Before we got our puppy we had a German Shepherd mix and before we adopted our Yorkie he was in a house full of dogs. I would say our Yorkie prefers the puppy when he is sleeping. Other than that our Yorkie is on the couch away from him or in another room. I praise the puppy like crazy for behaving around him. Our Yorkie never learned to play and never liked it when we tried to teach him when we adopted him; so when the puppy tries to play he lets him know it won't be with him. With our GSD mix our Yorkie played by following him around everywhere outside (running around, barking at strangers outside the fence for fun). The most he plays with us is running around on a walk or reaching for us to pat his belly more. It's funny because you can tell our Yorkie is trying to "play" with the puppy sometimes. He will follow him around or sniff his toys; when the puppy sees him wanting to interact he just gets excited and that catches the Yorkie off guard. It is definitely a work in progress but, you can tell he is learning the rules. Be nice to Bandit and all is well. Right now where I live it is about 10:30 pm and our Yorkie is ready to sleep for the night, so tomorrow morning I'll let everyone know to try using a leash on the puppy when they both go outside together. Come to think of it. It'll probably help with keeping him distracted from the outside while we potty train too, which is going well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts