German Shepherds Forum banner

2 Male GSD at Greene County, TN Kill Shelter to rescue stories

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  RebelGSD 
#1 ·
The first male is scheduled to be euthanized Wed. morning, I'm having trouble with posting the pics.
here is the link for the 2nd male,
for some reason the first male shepherd has not been posted on petfinder but I do have his pic. in my email.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | GREENEVILLE, TN | Max
male shepherd at Greene county, TN animal shelter, no info, I've called and left a message, they've not called me back.

I can email you a pic of the first male,
email me DebLewellen@gmail.com

#9 ·
Email from Deb

I finally just got a hold of 'Justin' at the shelter again, boy, I guess I was confused. Petfinder was having trouble with their pics. uploading over the last week. The male that is there at the petfinder link is the ONLY male shepherd they have at the shelter now.
He is the one I went and saw on Friday. Justin just told me Tues. is his last day, but that they may let him go till Wed. morning.
The pic I emailed you with my cell phone, is the same dog on petfinder, he looks different. He is a purebred male shep. no one has claimed him. Justin also told me that they had another dog in the kennel with him now, because they are so over crowded and he's getting along with the other dog fine.
He said the humane society could possibly do the HW test.

#10 ·
More Info on Max

I just went up there again, he's scared and was shaking when they took him out of the kennel, he did side up next to me and let me pet him, he's very unsure of the whole situation. This is animal control and they are NOT A Friendly Bunch up... there, I've never seen people act this way. They also had another dog in there with him and they got along. He's got less than 36 hrs. Tues. was his last day they said, but will euthanize on Wed. Do I believe what they are telling me? not really because the man in charge Eddie Key said someone was interested in adopting this dog, and then when I called over to the humane society, the woman there said that is not the case.
they close at 5pm. EST. amy bowman is who I spoke with, I can help with
getting him out, temp. housing and transport, I can't keep him for long periods as I've got 4 GSD's myself.

Greeneville - Greene County Humane Society
P. O. Box 792
950 Hal Henard Road
Greeneville, TN 37744
Phone: 423-639-4771 or 423-787-1771

#16 ·
Oh big bump, he does not deserve to die alone and scared!

#17 ·
He's safe, he had less than 24hrs. Allshepherdrescue out of PA is helping to get him to a foster, I was so worried about this guy I could barely sleep last night. I went to the shelter myself, there was so much misinformation from the shelter workers, safe, not safe, etc. but he will be on his way to a foster, will be neutered/shots/vet check wed. or thurs. anyone heading towards MD or PA or VA?

#21 ·
Deb,

No, but do you need anything? We are north of Nashville. email me.

There is a new rescue in the area, Bullet can comment on it as well.

contact Reliable Canine, Inc. Founded by Lyle Roetemeyer (South of Nashville):
"Reliable Canine was formed to rescue, raise and train dogs as service dogs so they may service society "
Emailinfo@reliablecanine.com
Phone615-522-7957 615-426-7123
Websitehttp://www.reliablecanine.org

#26 ·
Oh thank goodness!

#29 ·
Just a quick update. Max made it to his foster home last night around 10...Hubby and I went to Lynchburg yesterday to pick him up and gave him a ride :). He is sweet sweet SWEET, friendly, a bit shy, striking with his coloring and will make someone a wonderful new best friend. Thanks Deb for advocating for him and pulling him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.