German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:Help, I have a female 4 year old golden/shepherd mix and we lost her sister a pure bred golden in April. They got along well in the 5 years they were together the aggression was minimal. A few days ago we rescued a pure bred 4 year old female shepherd and the fighting is out of control. I know it has only been a few days but what can we do to nip this in the butt asap.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Return the new female.

Sorry but having two females is a very tricky thing - especially when you are trying to bring in a new adult female.

I would suggest getting a male instead.

·
Registered
32,022 Posts
I agree. Return her before you get more attached. The right home is out there for her, and it will be helpful for the rescue to know that she does not do well with other females.

I would then wait a few weeks or a month and find a male and introduce them in a neutral place.

Males and females generaly get along a lot better than same sex dogs.

·
5,627 Posts
I'll third the suggestion to return the new female.

Having two females can be done but introducing two adults females is tough, especially when one is grieving.

I have two and they got along until the 2nd matured and while (thankfully) they aren't intent on killing each other, they aren't friends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts