German Shepherds Forum banner

2.25 prong collar

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Cooper45 
#1 ·
I use a 3.00mm prong collar for Bailey and have done for over a year now, but he has become desensitised to it and no longer cares about corrections on it at all. I know 2.25mm prongs are usually for smaller dogs, but it has been recommended for a “stronger” correction. Has anyone got any experience? Would it work or is it a waste of money?

#2 ·
I use a 2.25 prong on my GSDs, and my trainer (who also has GSDs) likes that size better. I bought a separate buckle for mine to make it easier to get on and off.

Brown Bag Sleeve Luggage and bags Wood

#7 ·
I have always used a 2.25 with my girl Dagny. She has a tendency to get a little squirrely at times when we are doing obedience routines with our training group. My trainer tells me at times I'm not giving her a strong enough correction. So that could definitely be an issue with why she's ignoring the corrections. I use a 3.00 on my Dutchie but it's only because it's a gold color that looks nice with his black brindle coat, lol! He would also do well with the 2.25 but have to be stylish!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.