German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a German Shepherd Named kurama. She was born 12/24/18, and is still just 25lbs as of today. She looks no where near skinny and is rather thick. She’s also short.. I feel she may be the runt but I’m unsure... is this normal?

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
My girl Mei, now 15 months, is on the lighter side as well. She around 58-62lbs and has been at that weight since 7 months old. I wouldn't worry about your's size. I like Mei on the lighter side. She is very fast and agile! We are going to be trying out Fast Cat racing next month!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How awesome! I’m sure that’ll be fun. & I don’t mind her size at all, I’m actually glad she’s going to be “fun sized”.. but I reweighed her today and it’s actually 23lbs.. I’m not seeing any health issues but that’s sure small

·
Registered
965 Posts
No health issues, that is great! Mei plays with one of her male siblings every now and then and he towers over her at 100lbs lol. She took from her mom's side for sure! She doesn't take any lip from him though!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Are you saying you don’t “see” any health issues, or that you’ve actually been to a vet and there aren’t any health issues? There’s a difference.

If she’s been to a vet and is healthy, don’t worry too much. Smaller can be nice.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
She is roughly the same size as my girl was at that age. Shadow topped out at 23" and about 45lbs. It's awesome! She is lightning fast, agile and has the attitude of a bear, lol.
Best part? When she gets snotty I just pick her up and relocate her. I had a bit of adjusting since she is half the size my last female was but I really like this now.
As long as your girl is healthy I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts