German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I posted something here but live has been busy.
She is growing like a weed and honestly I was a little concerned she might be growing too quickly.
I fed her raw pretty much since she arrived and she has been eating very well and by now starts to not just swallow everything but actually chew her food which was a minor concern of mine.
She doesnt look like she weighs too much as I can easily feel her ribs and she looks fine looking down on her. I suppose with my other dog having a short coat I am just not used to her looking a little broader due to the long coat that by the way is currently changing to her adult coat leaving her with a shiny wavy streak along her back so far :D
By now, thank god, she has lost almost all her teeth and a lot of the new ones have already come in.
She is now starting to get a lot more clingy but is doing really well with other dogs and her training.
Potty Training is completed despite a few drops when she gets overexcited sometimes but that is normal in my experience.
Over the past few weeks she has been getting more of an adult looking head and in generel seems like her shape is becoming a lot less puppy like.
I am interested to see how big she will get being 19kg/42lbs and 52cm/20.5inch at 17 weeks already.
I suppose she will come closer to the weight of her dad at 36kg than to her mom at 29kg.
Regardless she has been a joy so far and whilest it is exhausting it has been worth every minute :)

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Cute pup! Looks like you're on track and doing well with her. It's nice to read good stories from time to time and not always problems/advice posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts