German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a more updated sack of my boy, without crazy lighting this time, lol.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
<3

Love him. He's maturing VERY nicely.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow ! so nice to see him growing so well. Congrats. Keep up the good work
Thanks, I try really hard to keep him lean. I'm hoping to start conditioning him seriously after he's two.

<3

Love him. He's maturing VERY nicely.
I think so too, though it seems like he's getting even more fuzzier as he ages.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
19 Months old now!

I don't see a point in making a new thread, so I'll just use this one. I had a helper this time, and it seems to have gone a bit better. His paw tend to point outwards more often than not.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice pigment, stands a little east west, flat withers, nice top line, good length of croup but is to sloped, good angulation in the front and rear, upper arm an be a tad longer, pasterns should be a little firmer, slightly deep chested in proportion

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bijuu at just under 20 months

Freshly bathed and brushed, though in hindsight, he looks a little too poofy.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Handsome!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
same critique stands but he looks much better. and is developing very well
Is there anything I can do to help firm up his pasterns, or is it a mostly genetic thing? I can definitely see a change in him, his chest and head are little wider now and he some how managed to grow even longer fur. -_- If this keeps up I'll have to buy a larger fursaver

Handsome!
Thank you!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Is there anything I can do to help firm up his pasterns, or is it a mostly genetic thing? I can definitely see a change in him, his chest and head are little wider now and he some how managed to grow even longer fur. -_- If this keeps up I'll have to buy a larger fursaver

Thank you!
it is mostly genetic. however, age, exercise and diet can help. keep him lean and strong, he will continue to mature and get better.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
21 months

Be sure to critique my stacking skills as well, I'm still working this out, ignore the chalk explosion the kid was making art on the sidewalk.

it is mostly genetic. however, age, exercise and diet can help. keep him lean and strong, he will continue to mature and get better.
I kind of figured, they're improving a bit. I'm going to keep exercising him on sand, and continue our hilly walks. He's doing find in schutzhund training, so it doesn't seem to be hindering him.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I like him (though I could never deal with the coat). Yes, his pasterns and feet could be tighter and he looks like he stands a bit east/west, but he is still a very nicely balanced dog.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like him (though I could never deal with the coat). Yes, his pasterns and feet could be tighter and he looks like he stands a bit east/west, but he is still a very nicely balanced dog.
I now have a fondness for coaties because of him(he's my first dog), but if I could choose for my next IPO dog, I'd choose a stock coat. My club trains out in the desert, and I worry for him more than others. He does stand a bit east/west, I wish I could show him, but we're still working on our schutzhund titles.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I like him, not a big coat fan, but I love the dog. As long as what's between the ears are in line with his structure you have a very nice dog!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bijuu 27 Months

Back at it again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
getting better, he is definitely posing now and looks more tight compared to the lazy stand in the earlier pics.
a few tips which may help, he is holding his head to high, what ever he is focusing on needs to be moved back further so he is inching forward. this helps his topline and forequarter look more natural.
his rear is also a little stretched; the inside rear leg is placed perfectly but his back rear leg is pulled to far back. over stretching him drops his rear exposing his short steep croup.
he is looking in fantastic shape and matureing nicely. well done

·
Registered
658 Posts
His structure actually reminds me a lot of my long coat boy, but your kiddo's darker and has more coat. He could use a bit more upperarm length, has a steep croup, and pas.terns could be a bit stronger but not bad at all.(I know you know that, just going over the general critique stuff ;) ) He has nice front and rear angle, very moderate. Nice pigment and nice feet. It's hard to tell on his withers, I'd need to put my hands on him. I like his body length and overall balance too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts