German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ms. Willow is two days shy of being 16 weeks old. I have had her since she was eight weeks old and visited her since she was three weeks old. Currently, when she bites I make a loud yelp and walk away. Any limb is fair game with her. She HAS decreased the amount of biting and the firmness of the bite, but the fact is she is still biting. Is this normal? I just want to make sure I am using the right tools with her. I tell myself she is still a baby (although a large one :) ) and that she is still teething. I am just curious to know when others pups stopped biting so that I know I am doing what is best for her. She is extremely loving and extremely playful.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Mine bit for a long time. A trainer advised how to stop it and it worked. He is now almost 7 months old and he will still grab for a hand, but he doesn't bite down, just mouths it. He's playing.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I used the pet corrector air. It's like canned air only different. It took 1 time of blasting that and it was under control...at least for now..but she never has been landsharky ( at least not yet).. now all I have to do is say NO in my mom voice and lift up the can of air. I only used it 1 time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts