German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emma turned 15 weeks today - and boy is she growing up. I think she is entering the defiant stage. She no longer wants to trade if she has something I want or she should not have.

Example - she rings the bell to go outside and has an inside chew toy in her mouth. I reach down to get it and she runs away. "Come" does not work either as she is so smart she knows why I want her to come :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: So folks know I do not want her to take insides toys outside. She has outside toys too :D

I have learned quickly not to chase her - I loose:eek::(:) I have been trying to love her up a lot to show that come does not mean I am taking things away - she just knows what I am up too - even better than the wife....but don't tell her that:shocked::smirk::D

How is the best way to correct this situation?

PS she is much better on bight control, not potty accidents in 7 days, is doing sit well, but struggles with down. If the weather holds she goes to a puppy social tomorrow. She really need this as she is barking at the birds and other new things she sees.

Well the bell rang again - no toy, and she she want out to potty:cool::D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Maybe leave a leash on her in the house so you can reel her in or attach it to your belt so that she'll never get away :p That way you dont mess up "come" as a command too because she's forced to obey every time

1 - 2 of 2 Posts