German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 15 month old broke out of her cage and broke into a storage room. Found a box of my girlfriends sewing kit. She pulled out a small box of unopened needles. My girlfriend came home and there were a 100 needles on the floor. Rushed her to the vet and she ate 7-10 needles in her stomach along with stuffing and fabric of some sort. We waited a half day to see if they would pass and only a few did. She is now in surgery! She’s the most loving dog ever! Prayers please as I am day and hours away from my girlfriend having our baby son as well. Stressed to my limit

Attachments

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Oh, geez. Your gf is in labor? Can the vet's office hold on to her (your dog!) until you are all settled after birth? Hope the needles get 'delivered' as well. Luckily they show up on x rays. Good luck to everything you are dealing with.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surgery was a success and am picking her up after work.

Girlfriend is not in labor yet. We are ticking time bomb right now with her.

She's going to be fine. Has one needle in her colon that needs to pass all the rest have been removed! :) THey are not worried about the one in her colon.

She will be cared for like she was getting fixed. Crated for a week or so and no horse playing with our other pups.

Very relieved.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Glad the surgery is over. Praying for the last needle to pass. Praying your girlfriend has an uneventful delivery and your happy, healthy baby arrives soon.

All the best!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What a terrible thing to eat!
I can't even imagine would could be appealing about eating such things, but I am not a dog...
Great news that the surgery went well!!

And hope your girlfriend has a smooth delivery as well!
Babies seem to like to arrive in the middle of the night...:)
So hopefully all your bags are packed and you have a waterproof liner on your mattress. :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Glad your dog is ok and much luck with the baby! How exciting :) Dogs get into the weirdest predicaments at the weirdest times. An English Mastiff I had collasped from Lyme while I was 6 motnhs pregnant, on bed rest, and my husband was in hospital. Oh and had 2 toddlers at home. The memory is a blur.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Wow so glad everything is working out. Yeah it seems like sometimes the dogs need to steal the spotlight in the middle of life’s chaos or excitement - lol that is just said in jest and I know thAt is not that case at all but it feels
like it sometimes lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts