German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gaia has been with us for 5 weeks now and mostly is exactly what I wanted/needed in a dog. As she is a service dog prospect, I am working with the trainer now twice a week (one puppy class and one extra training). She loves to work, learns very quick, passed the tests from my trainer almost perfectly and is a joy to be around for the few seconds in which she doesn't try to take apart my hands and legs. She takes well to new situations and people but is a little timid about bigger dogs still, but given enough time she also warms up to them and starts playing with them. She slept through the night since the 4th day, which I am very thankful for, and has no problem staying in her crate or playpen when I have to do work or walk my other dog. She is very focused on me and our bond is building very well, giving a lot of credit to the umbilical cord method here. I had a heavy focus on socialization so far, making up almost all we did and worked on some behaviour like waiting at doors and sitting before crossing the street. She picked up Sit, Down, Touch and her name so far. She understands that there is no play time with my other dog inside, just my preference cause I want them to be calm inside, and understands that she isn't allowed to chase the cat but tries to initiate play very unsuccessfully haha. Living in an apartment my arms suffer though as I still have to carry her down to go potty or she won't be able to hold it all the way. She weighs 12kg already and is 41cm big and I just wish she would grow a little slower to be honest ?
Also her ears have been up for more than a week now sometimes crossing over, sometimes going with the wind it is just extremely adorable.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Very cute puppy! It's always nice to hear that a person is thrilled with their new puppy! They are so much fun to be around...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts