German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got him at 8wks, he was extremely active and on Proplan Sport All Stages from the breeder. I got him home and and he just quit eating. Took him to the vet, and they put him on some Royal Canin can food for GI and he loved it. Would eat a whole can if you let him. Then he went back to proplan and was good. Then he quit again. Now he will not eat his hard food (Proplan, Bil-Jack, Wellness Core, Wilderness and Fromm) I have tried all of them as well as the corresponding wet food. Took him back to vet again he had gained 10lbs in 2wks and was looking better. Now he is starting to look thin again. My vet said do not feed him throughout day.. just give him 3-4x of 20mins to eat.. if he doesn't take the bowl. Feed him only dry.. well 24hrs goes by and he isn't eating, I get worried.. it is possible he is just THAT stubborn?

:frown2:

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
What I would do is to take your vet's advice about the 3-4 meal times per day and leave the food out for 20 minutes only but I would either moisten the kibble or mix in some of the wet. It could be he is teething and the dry kibble is too hard for him to chew with his tender gums. I would also decide on one brand and not switch and change when he doesn't eat it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts