German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are new to German Shepherds and dogs in general. Our 12 week old pup has been unusually sleepy this afternoon. Now he has thrown up twice - a very small amount the first time, and then a little more the second time.

Obviously he is not feeling well and his tummy is upset. My question is should we skip his dinner tonight? His normal feeding time is in about an hour.

I'm thinking we should skip it but just wanted to make sure.

He is currently on a raw diet (will be transitioning to kibble but haven't started yet).

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Any worms in his poop? Did he throw up any worms?

Was what he threw up a foamy yellowish slimy liquid?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He does not have worms that we know of. He is still receiving de-worming at the vet. It looked like undigested food from the day - mainly training treats.

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
The treats may have upset his stomach - maybe try different treats and smaller pieces?

Some people use their dog's meal as training threats - small pups may well end up eating twice what they normally eat when given lots of treats during training, then being fed their normal meals.

I don't know if you decided to feed him or not - but either would have been fine. Skipping a meal won't hurt him. Hope he is better and back to his normal energy level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts