German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy vader is suddenly obnoxious about food... he is crying and pawing at his exercise pen and then when he is let out he goes racing for the food container. Could he have worms? I have a vet appt tomorrow at 4... should i try to go sooner? This poor pup can't catch a break. He is skinny thanks to the parvo so we have been feeding him a little extra (recommended amount plus a half or quarter cup more divided over 4x a day) and he is on Wellness LBP. He is 11 weeks today! What should i be looking for? Can the humans and/ or my 3 year old GSD Riley get the worms from him?!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my other question is, if he has worms, how on earth did he get them? Is this going to damage his already taxed system (he had parvo two weeks ago, just reached the 10 days after his recovery on Sunday)

·
5,627 Posts
You think he has worms because he wants to eat? What other symptoms does he have that make you think something is wrong? Sounds like he's just hungry to me.

Has he been outside at all? Worm eggs live in the soil and dogs can get them on their feet and then lick their feet and ingest the eggs. Worm infestations can cause diarrhea. How has his stool been? Make sure to bring a fresh sample to the vet.

Yes, you can get worms from them if you handle their feces incorrectly but it isn't very likely.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he is obnoxiously hungry and sort of suddenly yesterday. his stool is fine, he's pooping a lot but its pretty solid. he has been licking his butt a lot, i noticed last night and this morning and all of that got me thinking. We called the vet and she moved our appt to noon today, just in case.

he has been outside, but we mostly have a bunch of snow on the ground with a few open spots of exposed ground. He does like to eat sticks, mulch, etc. we keep him from getting to it and if he does i open his mouth and sweep it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts