German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
So for 3 days we had normal poops. Vet said to slowly start adding in her regular kibble. I threw in a small handful for last nights meal. Several hours later.....gas that cleared the room and loose poop. So back to the I/D only. I think I will try the Royal Canin for GSD puppies. If that doesn't work then vet suggested a hydrolyzed dog food. Hoping it is just the PPP that disagrees with her. Is normal poop too much to wish for!?
We had similar problems with two different brands of kibble. Ended up trying The Honest Kitchen and no loose stools or diarrhea since. It's not cheap, but we're sticking with it at least until we can get her gut healthy. I feel a lot better feeding her that than any of those Hill's or other prescription diets.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
So for 3 days we had normal poops. Vet said to slowly start adding in her regular kibble. I threw in a small handful for last nights meal. Several hours later.....gas that cleared the room and loose poop. So back to the I/D only. I think I will try the Royal Canin for GSD puppies. If that doesn't work then vet suggested a hydrolyzed dog food. Hoping it is just the PPP that disagrees with her. Is normal poop too much to wish for!?
What protein is in her food?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
All chicken is not created equal.
It may be that you need to explore other kibble. The Purina may be the cause.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am trying the Royal Canin for GSD puppies. Gave her some as treats today. So far so good.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts