German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :frown2:

Recently I went to my home town to visit my parents and met my Beautiful 11mo Beast. Highly active. Took him to our Vet who is treat my pet since his 20th day. I shared my doubt to him( I saw only one testicles. but when i try to touch to test. he starts biting me. Not only private parts. He allows to touch only his head and neck). he checked and said. One of his testicles in his inguinal cannal (Mono cryptorchidism). Usually he checks for every puppy during their first visit. When he checked my puppy on the 3rd month. He thought due to fear it pulls his testicles inside. I asked for solution to bring the other one. He said no remedy for this. He is 27 inches tall and 33 Kg(72.7525 lbs). Shall i wait until 24 months and take decision?

I found this add in web

https://www.homeoanimal.com/products/testicles-undescended-natural-remedy?gclid=CjwKCAiA5o3vBRBUEiwA9PVzai7vyxmhRLt5-wvjKL9FGdlV68BN1oK_Wq7fv1Xks9uYknu9qssWJhoCXBcQAvD_BwE

Do you have any idea?

·
Registered
31,836 Posts
It is most likely not going to come down. I don't think there is any reason to neuter before 24 months. At that point I would neuter. The problem is mostly testicle torsion that I would worry about. Testicular cancer is unlikely to be an issue until later in life, if you neuter it will not be an issue at all. If the dog is very active, than sooner may be better than later on the neuter. I think by 12 months, the growth plates are probably closed and having them neuter the boy at that point may be fine. I just think that secondary sex characteristics may not be fully matured and neutering that young may make that different. Also, hemangio and osteo sarcomas increase in risk the earlier you neuter. Maybe split the difference and neuter at 18 months.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
It's ok to wait until 2 to neuter. Just know the signs of torsion. I would be more concerned that you can only touch him on his head and neck? When you get settled at home with him definitely look into getting a trainer to check him out.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It's ok to wait until 2 to neuter. Just know the signs of torsion. I would be more concerned that you can only touch him on his head and neck? When you get settled at home with him definitely look into getting a trainer to check him out.
Agree as well. If you neuter at 2 they will be able to dig it out. Get ahead of the aggressiveness to touch.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
The dog is 72 lbs and 27” tall. Growth is of no concern. He’s doing fine.

Some of us think a testicle floating around in a GSD body is a MAJOR concern. We’re not talking about a misplaced toenail. Like mine, if he’s excessively active, the risk of torsion is high. How do you know it’s inquinal?

Don’t let time be your guide; find an experienced vet and neuter the dog.

I just had my Massimo done about two months ago. He was right at one year of age. Took two days to return to his intense, happy self. I removed the staples at eleven days. If you can afford peace of mind, buy it.

PM me, if you need specifics and I wish you the best with your pup’s situation.

Don’t think or wonder or guess or split any differences.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the behavior changes I should expect after Neuter him. Currently he is very active eager to play. Bark most of the times. Mostly when he see us(people in his home) to call them. He used to bark. But just stare at stranger.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
I have not seen any changes in my male after being neutered and he was Neutered at two years old. He is super fit. Remember dogs mature so the changes often seen are from the dog maturing and becoming fully who they were meant to be genetically speaking whether neutered or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts