German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far it has been raining continuously for 11 days and they are calling for it again all week... The forest almost seems to spring to life, wild berries washed, birds bathing in puddles and the low drum of cicadas under the sound of falling rain. Gandalf doesn't let the bad weather slow him down!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Good for you Gandalf.We have been a mix of rain and sun. How are you handling all the walks in the rain?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good for you Gandalf.We have been a mix of rain and sun. How are you handling all the walks in the rain?
Lots and lots of showers for Gandalf to wash off all that mud lol. We are lucky and have a walk in shower with a handle attachment so I've been sticking him in there and rinsing it all off. I've been wearing a poncho or carrying an umbrella most days.. we have completely given up on all the mud on the floor :surprise:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I love walking in the rain. Any chance of us seeing a muddy Gandalf?
He actually doesn't usually get too bad, it's mostly just his paws lol and he tracks it all inside. He never rolls in it or anything so he stays surprisingly clean. This is probably the muddiest picture I have of him :grin2: and it's mostly sand here in Florida I guess we don't have real mud! We went up to North Carolina when he was a little puppy and I remember that clay did stain him pretty red and it was tough to get off! I wish now I had snapped a photo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,814 Posts
it's been over a week of rain in MD, too. When we finally had a dry day I mowed the entire property and afterwards let the dogs out to sniff around. Of course, my big boy came back to me with his head completely soaked. He found a puddle and decided he had to stick his whole head into it. Today he is going for his 2nd bath in a month. Usually he gets only 2 or 3 baths a year!

I'm also glad our clay isn't red like the GA / Carolina clay. I can't imagine how Gandalf looked.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's been over a week of rain in MD, too. When we finally had a dry day I mowed the entire property and afterwards let the dogs out to sniff around. Of course, my big boy came back to me with his head completely soaked. He found a puddle and decided he had to stick his whole head into it. Today he is going for his 2nd bath in a month. Usually he gets only 2 or 3 baths a year!

I'm also glad our clay isn't red like the GA / Carolina clay. I can't imagine how Gandalf looked.
Oh my lol!!! Did you get a picture of it?

·
Super Moderator
4,814 Posts
WOW so handsome :surprise:!!!! If you don't mind me asking where did you get him from?
Misty Ridge in MD. She has some really nice dogs. Both of his parents are gone now. The sire has passed away and the mother has been retired. (I was very tempted to adopt her but two dogs is my limit)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Lots and lots of showers for Gandalf to wash off all that mud lol. We are lucky and have a walk in shower with a handle attachment so I've been sticking him in there and rinsing it all off. I've been wearing a poncho or carrying an umbrella most days.. we have completely given up on all the mud on the floor :surprise:
Oh yeah I'm getting mud colored floors next flooring go round.

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
Oh yeah I'm getting mud colored floors next flooring go round.
That's what I ordered for the new floor fro the mud room. I told them I needed tile that doesn't show muddy feet and it not slippery, which the store provided exactly. We are in PNW so 9 months out of the year of 8 muddy feet but I only see the mud when I decide to mop, just in case the floor is dirty ;) Pretty awesome for a sloppy house wife.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
That's what I ordered for the new floor fro the mud room. I told them I needed tile that doesn't show muddy feet and it not slippery, which the store provided exactly. We are in PNW so 9 months out of the year of 8 muddy feet but I only see the mud when I decide to mop, just in case the floor is dirty ;) Pretty awesome for a sloppy house wife.

When I'm ready I need that flooring in my laundry and sun rooms.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts

UGH! Maryland. Rain. And poor historic Ellicott City. Flooded again. My daughter just started a new job last week, on Main Street in Ellicott City. :crying:

·
Super Moderator
4,814 Posts
UGH! Maryland. Rain. And poor historic Ellicott City. Flooded again. My daughter just started a new job last week, on Main Street in Ellicott City. :crying:

Holy Cow!

I've read from someone who lives near there that the problem is too much development in the area. The rain can't soak into the ground fast enough and it all runs into that one river, which has to cross the main street. I think the ACoE came up with a plan two years ago but there hasn't been time / money to get it going. I can't imagine how hard it is going to be for those businesses to rebuild...again. I feel sorry for your daughter but I am glad she didn't get swept away!

I live far enough away that my biggest problem is saturated clay under my yard and ground cover growing with delirious delight. I think I'll have to go mow even though the grass is wet. Dogs got exercise. The humidity takes it right out of them after a few miles.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts