German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve always heard there is that one dog that changes your life; Niki was it for me and my family. This July 3rd will be 10 years since Niki passed away. I still have a picture of her in my office and my daughter, now 21, still has a painting of her hanging on her bedroom wall and many pictures on her dresser. She was loyal, loving and very protective of her family and my best friend. She was poisoned by a teen age kid that had tried to vandalize our house several times but Niki had always stopped him. She died one day shy of her 6th birthday. The teenager was arrested a few weeks later for arson and admitted his crimes.
We still love and miss her dearly.
niki2copy.jpg 100_0008.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Wow that is terrible :( Sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
I feel your pain, but in a little different way. Grizzly and Brezzy have been gone for over 18 years and I still miss those 2. I can see them just as clearly as if I saw them a hour ago. They were a matted pair and both were very loving dogs. 4 years ago I had to put Beno down, we got him to protect our children as they grew up and boy he did his job well. At 130 pounds he was very intimidating and he just loved his boys. He was one big dog. Now I have Tony and it was a great decision to get him. Personality plus and picked out by the boys.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I’ve always heard there is that one dog that changes your life; Niki was it for me and my family. This July 3rd will be 10 years since Niki passed away. I still have a picture of her in my office and my daughter, now 21, still has a painting of her hanging on her bedroom wall and many pictures on her dresser. She was loyal, loving and very protective of her family and my best friend. She was poisoned by a teen age kid that had tried to vandalize our house several times but Niki had always stopped him. She died one day shy of her 6th birthday. The teenager was arrested a few weeks later for arson and admitted his crimes.
We still love and miss her dearly.
View attachment 51250 View attachment 51258

That's horrible......

I would have been arrested for beating that "teenager" within an inch of his life.....

Hope he did jail time with a really big cellmate who loves dogs....

·
Registered
7,394 Posts

I'm sorry you lost Nikki.

For me, it was a big blue Doberman named Bismarck. Bismarck has been gone 28 years now.............and I still think of him everyday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the posts! I would have loved to beat the kid half to death. It's a very long story but he could not be tried as an adult because he was only 15 when he committed these crimes. He basiclly got off with much of nothing. I would assume the troubled kid is in jail by now for something.

I got a shepherd a while after she passed, she was a good dog but I never really had the bond with her like I did with Niki...maybe it was just too soon. I now have Reina and feel I'm ready. Here she is.
R1.jpg

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Reina is beautiful---she looks like you spent the whole afternoon fluffing and blow drying her for that picture............LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts