German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of our sisters came home this past weekend. This morning when I let them out, one of the sister was running around playing as normal. The other has a terrible limp in her rear. She can't run, walks with a limp, can't go up a step, really is favoring one side over the other, but both rear legs are not right. She is displaying no pain, and is really trying to run after her sister and jump on her. She just can't

I'm freaking out here!!! :cry:

All the threads I see talk about puppy hip issues at 5-6-7 months.....SHE IS 10 WEEKS.

Is something just out of socket?

Thanks for the support guys...

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Sorry your pup is having problems. It's impossible to diagnose over the internet so I would take her to a good vet first thing next week. It could be something as simple as a pulled muscle or something more major. Hopefully it's something simple!

In the meantime I would keep her on a leash and don't let her overexert herself.

I would also call the breeder and find out if they noticed anything going on with her. How was she transported to you?

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Then I would suspect that she pulled something when playing. I would put her on crate rest until you can get her into the vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.