German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone and I apologize if this has come up multiple times. My gf and I are first time puppy owners although we both have plenty of experience with older dogs. About a week ago we got the cutest black german shepherd who is now 10 weeks old.

I had a few questions and would love some re-assurance.

1. He behaves much, much much crazier around me than he does with my gf. As in his normal puppy behavior (biting, mouthing, barking) is x10 times more exaggerated when I come home. I have been trying to baby him less and try to ignore most of the biting and barking but yesterday ran into problem #2...

when he bites my pants and I say NO, he barks back and lunges for my leg again. I typically say No again and turn around. He barks yet again and continues chewing on my leg even if I ignore him. He also tries to mount and hump the leg which is when I lose it and put him in the crate.

I really love this little brat, but want to make sure that I don't make any mistakes or miss some crazy dominance issue early. I have no working or sport goals for him, although would love to be able to raise a disciplined, well behaved dog.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been brought up before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts