German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question flash gets fed really good and he looks very healthy but is he on the smaller side for a male German shepherd how big will he get full grown

·
Registered
31,097 Posts
He's fine. Mine was 64# at that age and is now 82#. They level off and then will gain more when they fill out.

·
Registered
31,097 Posts
I hope he gets to a pretty good size and stays my healthy boy
he already IS a pretty good size. They aren't supposed to be giants. If the mother really was close to 100# that's already 30-40# larger than females of this breed should be.

·
Registered
31,097 Posts
Dad wasn't really big. Dad was normal sized. My male is 25.5" and 82#. That is an intact male who physically matured with all hormones.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Trust me he will grow and be fine, Rollo is almost the same age (11 months) old and he is 101 lbs and is still very lean. Just let them *fill out naturally* with age and don't worry

·
Registered
863 Posts
GSDs are not meant to be a large-extra large breed, they're actually medium to large. My boy was 75lb at 10 months. Now he's pushing 90 at 16 months, 25,5" at the withers. Yours may or may not reach the same size. Doesn't matter as long as he's proportional. Don't see why you should worry.

·
Registered
923 Posts
GSDs are not meant to be a large-extra large breed, they're actually medium to large. My boy was 75lb at 10 months. Now he's pushing 90 at 16 months, 25,5" at the withers. Yours may or may not reach the same size. Doesn't matter as long as he's proportional. Don't see why you should worry.
Yup health is the more important than the number! Rollo at 101 lbs is leaner than most dogs half his weight!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts