How about those Breeder, Breeding threads. - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Crowned Member
 
lalachka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: queens, nyc
Posts: 3,781
I never said it was a conspiracy. it's just how things are. what they say carries much more weight.

I'm not looking to find anything. I read a forum and I'm telling you what I see. this isn't about something said towards me, this is a theme through thread after thread.

however, it's a good point that they have the most knowledge so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. but for one reason or another they run the show. and for one reason or another, unless you do sport you aren't cool (again, don't twist this as me saying something I'm not. this isn't about me. I don't want to be cool, I go my own way. this is about how people are treated here in general)
lalachka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Crowned Member
 
LoveEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalachka View Post
I never said it was a conspiracy. it's just how things are. what they say carries much more weight.

I'm not looking to find anything. I read a forum and I'm telling you what I see. this isn't about something said towards me, this is a theme through thread after thread.

however, it's a good point that they have the most knowledge so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. but for one reason or another they run the show. and for one reason or another, unless you do sport you aren't cool (again, don't twist this as me saying something I'm not. this isn't about me. I don't want to be cool, I go my own way. this is about how people are treated here in general)
Guess I must be missing something... it's actually the sport people who have been kindest and most helpful to me in my silly little pet owner problems. I know I'm not alone, either. I think the pet owners are in the majority... and pet owners who have never felt slighted here are the majority of those...

I've found that the most brutal political BS, mockery, eyerolling... is within the sport people, between the sport people. But that's the nature of the game and happens with anything and everything that involves this much blood, sweat, tears, and money.
LoveEcho is offline  
post #33 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Crowned Member
 
lalachka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: queens, nyc
Posts: 3,781
they have been helpful to me too. along with others. I'm thankful for all advice I received here, this forum helped the most in my training and that's why I'm still here. along with the entertainment

this isn't about me though. this is reading almost every thread here and some things I see.

and i was bullied somewhat by them as well. I'd name a few but the rules, you know
that wouldn't bother me, I can stand up for myself but this is where the power and influence comes in. I can only say so much before I'm told to shut up but their comments remain. not a level playing field.
oh well, life isn't fair
lalachka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Crowned Member
 
LoveEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Dad View Post
There is a small number of some breeders, moderators and old timers who determine who are reputable breeders or not. What the standards (Jax) should be and a there are anumber of people who been drinking the cool aid. Oh yeah, can't forget the sport crowd.

I'm not paranoid, I don't think it's a plot. It is just a group of people who think the same way and control some of these topics.

Debates are good as long as folks are semi civil and listen to each other.

What, people who say that breeding soft, oversized, watered down is bad? I read all of the breeder threads, and the breeders that are always bashed are those breeders.

That's not a group of people on the forum determining that those things are bad... people here and their attitudes are a reflection of the current culture of the breed. The people who compete regularly have a much better finger on the pulse of that. The people who have their dogs judged regularly, etc. The people who invest so much time and energy into this breed are always going to be it's staunchest defenders against an onslaught of crappy breeders breeding "pets" (and I use the quotation marks, because "pets" are what people here don't like.... PETS are what everyone here has).

You're not going to get much of a positive response when you come onto a forum dedicated to a specific breed (with a pretty specific set of standards.... yeah, there's some room for interpretation, but there's really a core idea of what the breed is supposed to be), and tout people who take shortcuts, who produce dogs that take us farther and farther away from what we all supposedly fell in love with in the first place.

On the TB forums, BYB's are universally hated. People talking about breeding for color, that sort of thing... it's not well received. It's pretty universal.

Yeah, there's political stuff on this forum ("not a level playing field") but it has a lot less to do with what you do with your dogs and a lot more to do with your attitude (again... not "YOU"....)... and old-time grudges do carry over, but those had nothing to do with who is a pet owner vs sport, etc.

Last edited by LoveEcho; 08-26-2014 at 09:17 PM.
LoveEcho is offline  
post #35 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Crowned Member
 
Jax08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NNE PA
Posts: 29,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Dad View Post
What the standards (Jax) should be and a there are anumber of people who been drinking the cool aid. Oh yeah, can't forget the sport crowd.
I'm really not much of a drinker. Especially that purple crap. Tastes amazingly like the colonoscopy laxative. You are welcome to have my share.

What I find counter productive are threads on how counter productive all the sport people are. You don't like us. You don't like how we think. That's fine. Go about your business. I don't think there is any reason to start threads on how horrid we that drink cool-aid are.

When people post a question on here and need help, where are you? I don't see your name popping up. I know this because I just wondered where you were a couple days ago. If you want different advice posted, then by all means post it.




Jax08 is offline  
post #36 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Crowned Member
 
LoveEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I'm really not much of a drinker. Especially that purple crap. Tastes amazingly like the colonoscopy laxative. You are welcome to have my share.

What I find counter productive are threads on how counter productive all the sport people are. You don't like us. You don't like how we think. That's fine. Go about your business. I don't think there is any reason to start threads on how horrid we that drink cool-aid are.

When people post a question on here and need help, where are you? I don't see your name popping up. I know this because I just wondered where you were a couple days ago. If you want different advice posted, then by all means post it.


Darn those people who came up with the breed standard! What jerks! Who do they think they are? And what about those jerks who think that it's important to stick to those to maintain the breed we ALL love? Gosh! Why are standards important? People breed themselves without standards, and look at us!
LoveEcho is offline  
post #37 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member
 
Jack's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I'm really not much of a drinker. Especially that purple crap. Tastes amazingly like the colonoscopy laxative. You are welcome to have my share.

What I find counter productive are threads on how counter productive all the sport people are. You don't like us. You don't like how we think. That's fine. Go about your business. I don't think there is any reason to start threads on how horrid we that drink cool-aid are.

When people post a question on here and need help, where are you? I don't see your name popping up. I know this because I just wondered where you were a couple days ago. If you want different advice posted, then by all means post it.
Nice.
Jack's Dad is offline  
post #38 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Crowned Member
 
LoveEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Dad View Post
Nice.
Ah, but didn't you just call her a cool-aid (kool aid?) drinker?

Talk about double standards
LoveEcho is offline  
post #39 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Crowned Member
 
Whiteshepherds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Verde Valley - Arizona
Posts: 3,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg1 View Post
No I have nothing against guide dogs, but it is not the ideal temperment or drive for the GSD.
You're wrong. The GSD is not to supposed to serve just one purpose, it's supposed to be versatile.
Whiteshepherds is offline  
post #40 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Crowned Member
 
Jax08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NNE PA
Posts: 29,579
The more I think on that comment the angrier I get. So a person believes there should be standards. Why is that a bad thing? "drink the cool-aid" like we're being led around by our nose. There IS a standard. We didn't write it. The founder of the breed wrote it. We aren't just making stuff up as we go along.

Do I believe that IPO is the only way to test a dog for breed worthiness? No. There are k9s, SAR, Guide. Do I believe that only sport or working people should own a GSD? NO. This dog is supposed to be able to settle in the house and be a family dog and still maintain the ability to work.

I have NEVER insulted anyone's dog or said they were less. I have plainly stated I have dogs that are not breed worthy and the reasons why. I find the whole premise of this thread offensive.




Jax08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome