German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Weekly Discussion Topics (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/weekly-discussion-topics/)
-   -   How Much Value Does Your Dogs Have? (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/weekly-discussion-topics/354265-how-much-value-does-your-dogs-have.html)

SageDogs 10-22-2013 01:14 AM

How Much Value Does Your Dogs Have?

I want to know how the common person values their dog, and in what amount.

I don't understand why people are willing to breed, work, showcase, compete, or acquire any animal without having some personal love/dependence connection outside of money.

And then turn around and abandon the animal when they are 'finished' reaping the benefits of their canines, without giving any of the same expectations in return.

Me, personally, I view my dogs as my personal kids, while respecting that they are animals first, dogs second, breeds third, and name last while maintaining the co dependence of guardian and companion.

How do you view/value your dog, and why?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

volcano 10-22-2013 01:48 AM

Ive heard of offers of 30 000 for a good sport dog. My Apache seems to be great, shes high drive yet still settles in the house and has shown zero aggression to any person or dog unless they are in a helper suit and she hasnt failed at anything shes been put through. I was told by a local trainer/guy who runs a shutz club and akc trials that he wanted her and shes a once in a lifetime dog? I wont sell her.

LuccaVonCyclone 10-22-2013 01:51 AM

My dogs are a part of my family. We have, I'd say, a micro-zoo, and the dogs are one step down from people (sorry Mr. Turtle). I do not see them as children/kids... I guess I would say I see them as friends. I play with them, talk to them, work with them... we celebrate their birthdays, hang their stockings at Christmas, and include them in family gatherings. I wouldn't have it any other way. Have you ever had a best friend that you considered to be family? That's how I'd sum it up. And I can't put a numerical value on something like that.

Sarah~ 10-22-2013 01:56 AM

I could never put a price on my dogs either, I don't have kids so I see them as my kids.

gsdemack 10-22-2013 04:42 AM

My girl is beginning to become priceless as she has begun developing into an adult pet; as opposed to a stressful puppy.

Shade 10-22-2013 07:23 AM

I really think in truth it all come down to price, how much money would it take for you to consider giving up your dog to another person.

Personally, I honestly know my dogs are priceless to me, you could offer me $1,000,000 or more and I would smile but the leash would be staying in my hand ;)

Harbud 10-22-2013 07:56 AM

You couldn't pay me enough. I've threatened to give them all away in moments of stress or frustration but anyone who knows me knows I would never actually do it. They are part of my family, I don't view them as children but they are certainly not disposable or for sale and they hold my heart as much as any human I love.

LaRen616 10-22-2013 08:19 AM

Thank goodness this isn't about cats! I'd give them away for free! Just kidding! :laugh:

There isn't enough money in the world to convince me to part with Sinister. He is the love of my life, I would do anything for him. :wub:

I just love my little Draco, he's wiggled his way into my heart, giving him up isn't an option. :wub:

Crocky 10-22-2013 08:45 AM

Life brings us a lot twist and turns and one never knows where life will lead you next, but My fur babies are my kiddos. I have been through some tough times and also some great times and no matter what they are always there with nothing but love, Cant put a price tag on that. I could not imagine life without them in it.

Galathiel 10-22-2013 10:08 AM

Rai Li my old man dog (almost 14 y.o. shih tzu). I would seriously never ever sell .. ever. Not for a billion dollars. Some days, I would GIVE my puppy away ... like today when he had to be put away in shame for trying to play with the cat.