How Much Value Does Your Dogs Have? - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 10:13 AM

My dog would not be for sale.

My last dog was a pound puppy and I was out walking her and some guy asked me how much I paid for her. I told him! 60 from the pound (1999) He said she's worth at least 200! That was a running joke around my house when she was bad that I could always get 200 for her.

Athena -GSD- born 12/13/12
Luna -Shepherd Mix- born 3/20/99
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM

I've only had my puppy for a few months and I am already beyond emotionally attached to him. I am just a 21 year old who lives on my own and he goes and does EVERYTHING with me. He is my partner in life. I have no kids so he's like a child to me. He is my best buddy. I can do anything right or wrong and he still will be the happiest little guy. I can talk to him and tell him anything on rough days and he completely understands how I feel and can make me smile. For that I'd say he is irreplaceable and is worth more than money to me.

Ruger Von Stonehill 12-26-13
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 PM

My dogs are not for sale for any price to anyone. I can't put a dollar amount on unconditional love and companionship they give me. But we do have the running joke around here about my rescue Flat Coat, that if she gets to be too much, I'll just send her back for a refund. LOL But seriously, money couldn't buy her. My pups mean the world to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclolinger View Post
I've only had my puppy for a few months and I am already beyond emotionally attached to him. I am just a 21 year old who lives on my own and he goes and does EVERYTHING with me. He is my partner in life. I have no kids so he's like a child to me. He is my best buddy. I can do anything right or wrong and he still will be the happiest little guy. I can talk to him and tell him anything on rough days and he completely understands how I feel and can make me smile. For that I'd say he is irreplaceable and is worth more than money to me.
That's good for everyone if people deeply thinking about it. I always believed that our pets is the member of our family. I really like your review about puppies.
post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Crowned Member

There were moments in class today, when I might have said, "Make an offer."

He wasn't that bad, really. He was calm and did not try to bark at or eat any of the other dogs. He will be two in April, so still a youngster. And the place was very noisy with young dogs barking, growling, and lunging at each other. I guess the way to describe his doofus behavior is that he was totally distracted. He had to pee on every blade of glass outside, and he wanted to follow every little kid in there.

So, in moments like these, make me an offer, LOL!

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Master Member

Both my breeder and rescue dogs hold the same value in my heart. It's not related to money. I have never nor ever would give one of my dogs up. Simple as that.

Fallon (WLGS) b 5/23/14 & Mira (Aussie) b 8/31/04
RIP: Katie (Bel.Shp.Mix)-CGC; Shadow (WLGS); Monty (GSxAkita); CH. Windy Citys Sweet Talker (Shannon);
Cheli; WC's Home Alone (Kevin); CH. WCs Dancing with Wolves (Tish); Ragnar-CGC; Tammy (GSmix)
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Banned

I understand what a dog needs from a human. I will never understand a human treating a dog as a commodity or expendable thing. What they offer has nothing to do with monetary value or self gratification to some trivial accomplishment. They are not tools or toys.

When you reach the end of your life, you will not remember dollars or small accomplishments. Unconditional love that was shared and the happiness that it brought you will be on your mind.....
post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:00 PM

There is no way I would put a price tag on my dog. I have a 5 month old GSD pup. Within past 3 months he has already become our family member and I simply cannot imagine selling him. In case there comes a time in my life when I cannot provide him what he needs to be happy then I will find a good/responsible home for him and would not ask for any money.
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Crowned Member

I have threatened any number of times to sell them and buy beer.

That said, I turned down a blank cheque for Sabi. I was told to name my price, and he had the money. Never regretted it for a second.
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah~ View Post
I could never put a price on my dogs either, I don't have kids so I see them as my kids.

Well said, I have kids, but my dogs are like kids and priceless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page