How Did You Come Up With Your Dog(s) Name? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Banned

Earlheim Helmar Von Vollkommen aka Loki.
i thought of Earlheim and a friend thought
of Helmar. Von Vollkommen is the kennel name.
another friend of mine thought of Loki.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Knighted Member

I've known my GSD would be Rocket for years. The Elrond's Rocket of Rivendell came because I had to pick an E name, and the LOR trilogy is one of my all-time favorites. I had my first book set when I was 11. I kind of screwed up the kennel name part.

Oh well.

~Elrond's Rocket of Rivendell, aka The RocketDog
06/15/11
hiker and runner extraordinaire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
All my animals have a Disney theme. Koda from Brother Bear, Zazu from the Lion King, Jasmine from Aladdin, and Delgado from Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Loker was because he was from a L litter, he's my favourite character in Lie to Me
I do the same and include other cartoon characters as well.

Tuke is named after the moose from Brother Bear, Rutt & Tuke. My wife gave Zoey her name, otherwise, I would have called her Rutt. I get asked wether she is a boy or a girl often. I've noticed some of the others posting have "boy" names for their females, the wife doesn't like it. My malamute was named Wile e after the coyote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Jag
Knighted Member

I wanted a Czech dog for about 7 years. Grim PS was my fav out of the lines. So I knew I was going to name him Grim... but he was in a W litter, so I had to come up with something creative. Kind of glad, because Grim being his first name on the title would've been kind of weird for me.

Wrath of Grim z Dragon
"Mr. Grim"- Threaten my handler. I dare you.
post #35 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 AM

Our new pup was from the D litter. Had trouble with coming up with a name until we were informed she was flying in on Delta airlines. It seemed like a perfect fit especially since my husband is a plumber. So she was named either after the airlines or a faucet !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #36 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Master Member

My husband named our Rat Terrier. He found a puppy that had fallen down a storm sewer, and it was a worrisome two hours before it was fished out. My husband said that if the puppy made it out alive, it was going to be lucky. Lucky's been living up to his name for the last 12+ years.

Ilka's official name is Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery. The Pear Orchard Cemetery part was easy, because that's where I found her. Ilka was the result of three baby name books, and a "short list" of about a dozen names that I liked.

Leo's name is actually Leontine. Don't know where it came from, it just came.
post #37 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Knighted Member

They come named from the breeder and I keep it - I usually adopt a silly nickname for them later on though
post #38 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Master Member

Gaia's name comes from Greek Mythology. Gaia was the personification of Earth or the Earth Mother..my boyfriend is a huge mythology nut and I'm an Earth Child so it fit.

Courtney M.
SG1
, BH 07/01/2013
post #39 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Knighted Member

Zira... is a name that just popped up in my head during college (I had NO idea that it had been used in a few movies... just... made it up). I used it a lot for my screen names and such. I always said if the next dog is a female, that'd be her name. Years went by... My SO and I got our dog (that we weren't looking to keep, she was to be rescued then rehomed)... we argued over names for days. I finally just through out Zira... figured we could use it again anyways. He said no... I said yes... and well... Zira became "Zira".... and a permanent resident.

Duke came with his name when we got him at 2years old. I hated it. Not only is it an extremely popular name for GSDs, it's also the name of my old friend's GSD that I really disliked. He was just some BYB "I have a female that's nice, and a retired police K9 still intact... lets breed!" highly human aggressive dog. He nearly ripped my face off a few times. They had no control of him. And to make it worse... My family and I had a HUGE, very ugly falling out with that family just a few months before. I tried to change it to Titan... or anything else he'd respond too... didn't work. So Duke it is. lol

Storm... I was doing a training foster with her for her breeder/my trainer. He gave me the opportunity to name her. She spent probably a month as "puppy", and then we finally all agreed to a name...... she would go running through my house knocking everything down, ripping stuff off my tables and couches, biting the other dogs, barking at everything, ripping up carpet, and every time it would look like a Storm went through in only 10seconds. She was officially "Storm". She's known for total destruction! lol

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #40 of 661 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyShepherd View Post
Zira... is a name that just popped up in my head during college (I had NO idea that it had been used in a few movies... just... made it up). I used it a lot for my screen names and such. I always said if the next dog is a female, that'd be her name. Years went by... My SO and I got our dog (that we weren't looking to keep, she was to be rescued then rehomed)... we argued over names for days. I finally just through out Zira... figured we could use it again anyways. He said no... I said yes... and well... Zira became "Zira".... and a permanent resident.

Duke came with his name when we got him at 2years old. I hated it. Not only is it an extremely popular name for GSDs, it's also the name of my old friend's GSD that I really disliked. He was just some BYB "I have a female that's nice, and a retired police K9 still intact... lets breed!" highly human aggressive dog. He nearly ripped my face off a few times. They had no control of him. And to make it worse... My family and I had a HUGE, very ugly falling out with that family just a few months before. I tried to change it to Titan... or anything else he'd respond too... didn't work. So Duke it is. lol

Storm... I was doing a training foster with her for her breeder/my trainer. He gave me the opportunity to name her. She spent probably a month as "puppy", and then we finally all agreed to a name...... she would go running through my house knocking everything down, ripping stuff off my tables and couches, biting the other dogs, barking at everything, ripping up carpet, and every time it would look like a Storm went through in only 10seconds. She was officially "Storm". She's known for total destruction! lol
<3 Storm's story. That gave me a good chuckle :P

Megan
Lara
(12/14/2012) CGC
Jarvan
(12/25/2015) BH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page