So what breeds of dogs do you have? - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I found my black lab much more easy to keep then my gsds but i didnt feel safe with the lab. The lab did put other dogs in their place though very well and knew how to fight other dogs but just didn't guard me the way my gsd knows how to. I find gsds smarter also. But yeah they are very diff. Just my experience the lab was easier to keep though by far. Every breed i had growing up didnt really prepare me for a high drive gsds to be honest which is more work than all of them put together. But i find they were more pets like my cat while my gsd is a real hobby as well as a pet. Like a horse.

I agree tho many labs and goldens do know how to put other dogs in their place lol while good gsds can put a person in their place

Last edited by pets4life; 07-21-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
1 male GSD.
1 daughter.
another daughter.
grand child due. what kind? do know, yet.
Very cute and funny. I have to say, as someone who reads here more than I post, I always enjoy your posts.
post #43 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Master Member

GSD, GSD mix and mini Poodle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:45 AM

I have two 13 week old AKC German Shepherds from the same litter.
post #45 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 08:37 AM

Tanna (female) is a Rott-Chow mix that is 6
Wyatt (male)is a pb Border Collie that is almost 7
and Cree (female) pb GSD that is 19 months

Tanna is queen (she became queen when I had to put down my first GSD Cheyenne) and Cree is second, Wyatt just doesn't care about that stuff. I believe Tanna will always push to be queen, so I see squables in our future.
post #46 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I only own GSD.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #47 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Elite Member

well lets see........I have 3 GSD`s, 1 male 2 females, the girl friend has 3 female Afghan hounds, all 6 have varying personality's, with Max being the oldest and smartest. no Kings and Queens, they all get along fine , but it is funny to watch them interact, heres a pic of 3 of them puppy on the left, her name is Waverley, I nick named her Kevin, after seeming the movie "UP", she has that personality, middle is Willow, and Max on the right wondering when i`m coming back, and the latest addition is Raven, were always asked if Raven is a mix between an Afghan and GSD, shes not, Max, Kevin, Willow are Registered Therapy dogs,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kids.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	19128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0321.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	19129  

Max Von barkstoomuch, T.D.Inc, EPI Survivor, Bloat Survivor
Heidi Von affraidofpeople
Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
post #48 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 12:59 PM

I have:

Jerry - 2 year old male GSD, neutered
Snowball - a possible terrier/chihuahua mix female who is at least 9 years old, spayed

Not sure who is the alpha yet, as Jerry has only been with us a couple of weeks and they really don't interact too much, other than Snowball growling when Jerry gets too playful (which he ignores.) They will lay near each other, him on his bed on the floor and her on the ottoman beside it, and are fine walking around together but that's about it for their interaction. I don't ever leave them alone together.

Snowball did push Jerry out of his food bowl the other day and he just watched her eat until I noticed she had snuck in there and shooed her away. Not exactly sure how a 10 pound dog pushes an 80 pound dog out of the way.

At my mother's house, her 8 year old female spayed rough collie is definitely in charge. They met this weekend and if she looked at Jerry right, he would turn and go the other direction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jerry, CGC - born 12/8/2009, adopted 7/7/2012
post #49 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 03:11 PM

I have 7 Mals (yes I am slightly insane)
(our beautiful GSD passed away over a year ago
3 males, 4 females. Males are all working, 2 for the Sheriff's office, 1 female working, 1 retired, 2 young girls in training. oldest male definitely king.
1 cat who for whatever reason likes to get in the crates with the dogs, or plays with their tails, or sits on top of the crate and bats at their ears.
1 polish chicken in the dining room (she was injured (not by the dogs) and is waiting to return to flock)
post #50 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Question

wow the mals are good with the chicken and cat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page