female

Quote:
Originally Posted by pets4life View Post
AGe?
almost 4

Quote:
Who is the king or queen of your house?
our house doesn't work like that. Some dogs live separate from others because they don't get along, and even the ones who do hang out go back and forth on who is in "charge" depending othe situation. Generally the older dogs get more respect from younger dogs on average.

Quote:
second in command? lol
see above

Quote:
Was curious how multi breed houses work out
Nina the pit bull tends to love being chased and the shepherds enjoy herding her. She is a big wrestler, loves lots of body contact so she fits the shepherds play. She is every bodies favorite play mate. All the shepherds adore her and she them.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Banned

1 male GSD.
1 daughter.
another daughter.
grand child due. what kind? do know, yet.
post #33 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LARHAGE
I have 6 dogs :

Buddy 11 Chihuahua , the eldest and the boss!!

Maddie 6 GSD very nice temperament gets along with everyone.

Riley 5 JRT a very nice easy going dog that's also gets along with everyone.

Garrett 4 Cairn Terrier , a very fun loving but dominant party animal, he's the cutest of the cute and the love of my life.

Gavin 3 GSD, he also gets along with everyone and is a wonderful dog in every way.

BeBe 6 Cairn Terrer, a rescue I have had almost
a year, she had horrible dog aggression issues but has come a long ways and is now very good with all the dogs.

I love having multiple dogs and personalities and like multi children they all fulfill different needs and have different relationships with me. I could seriously never be content with just 1 dog, life is too short and there are too many dogs!!

INTCH, U-GRCH V Alta-Tollhaus Gavin schH3, UWP, KKL1a, OFA EXCELLENT, DM-Clear
MHDW ( Most Handsome Dog In World)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To err is human, to forgive, is canine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 AM

We have Nzo a GSD puppy who is 14 weeks old and

PJ a 3 1/2 year old male Great Dane

They get on like a house of fire.

My OH is the alpha of the pack and is recognized as such by everyone including me!

We've always had a mix of these two breeds, sometimes 1 of each, sometimes 2 GSDs and a dane and once 2 danes and a GSD - that was fun lol. The danes are all brawn and laid back and goofy and the GSDs all brains and so bright and willing and they compliment each other brilliantly.

Wendy
post #35 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Master Member

Right now none. I have yet to have my own dog in my "adult life". Planning on getting a GSD in the spring. That being said, growing up (I moved out/married almost 4 years ago) I had 5 GSD's, 2 collies, 1 golden and 1english setter. Our pets always came from BYB's out of the paper. Didn't realize until last year that there were such things as "reputable breeders"

" If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Starting the search for my next family member!

Danielle
post #36 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:06 AM

I have 2 female GSDs (Carly and Sage) and a 12 year old female Italian Greyhound (Zelda). Carly is definitely in charge.

I have a deposit on a female Siamese kitten from a show breeder. I pick her up in about a month. I have a feeling that eventually she'll be in charge.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #37 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:47 AM

Two German Shepherds. I have always had German Shepherds. I was considering changing to an easier breed such as Goldens but when my dogs kept burglars out of my house a couple of years ago I knew that I would always have Shepherds!
post #38 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoTobyMax View Post
Two German Shepherds. I have always had German Shepherds. I was considering changing to an easier breed such as Goldens but when my dogs kept burglars out of my house a couple of years ago I knew that I would always have Shepherds!
LOL Having had both, separately not together, I would not say a golden is easier. Not necessarily harder, but just quite different. Loved my golden, he was my bff growing up, and I love Sasha (my GSD), but for very different reasons.

~Sasha~{GSD}~ 3ish~Gotcha day January, 29, 2011
~Monte~{Golden Retriever}~ (RIP)~ 1997-2009

post #39 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=NewbieShepherdGirl;2536268]LOL Having had both, separately not together, I would not say a golden is easier. Not necessarily harder, but just quite different. Loved my golden, he was my bff growing up, and I love Sasha (my GSD), but for very different reasons.[/QUOTE/]

My sister has had Golden Retrievers for a while now and they are wonderful dogs and highly intelligent of course. The problem is that they are useless as guard dogs! They would walk up to an intruder with tail wagging. By easier I mean that they are more "dog park" compatible! I'm always concerned that my dogs might mix it up with another dog.
post #40 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Elite Member

[quote=JojoTobyMax;2536281]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieShepherdGirl View Post
LOL Having had both, separately not together, I would not say a golden is easier. Not necessarily harder, but just quite different. Loved my golden, he was my bff growing up, and I love Sasha (my GSD), but for very different reasons.[/QUOTE/]

My sister has had Golden Retrievers for a while now and they are wonderful dogs and highly intelligent of course. The problem is that they are useless as guard dogs! They would walk up to an intruder with tail wagging. By easier I mean that they are more "dog park" compatible! I'm always concerned that my dogs might mix it up with another dog.
LOL yeah they can be pretty useless guard dogs. However, the most aggressive dogs at the dog park, that I've seen anyways, are generally labs (which I understand are not goldens, but they're similar). I think a lot of them are toy guarders, and thus shouldn't be at the dog park whilst playing fetch. My golden actually tried to take another dog because he thought it was too close to me. I never worry about Sasha and other dogs. She thinks every dog (even those that clearly hate her) want to be her friend. LOL

~Sasha~{GSD}~ 3ish~Gotcha day January, 29, 2011
~Monte~{Golden Retriever}~ (RIP)~ 1997-2009

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page