So what breeds of dogs do you have? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 08:11 PM

We have a 6.5 mo Old English Mastiff neutered male and a 4 mo GSD female, lots of running and tusseling in this house. 2 barn cats outdoors.

Fran
Ranger OEM
Meeko GSD waiting at the rainbow
Shadow GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Elite Member

I have a spayed female Dalmation/Black Lab mix, 8 years old and a neutered male GSD, 2.5 years old. The Dal/Lab mix definately dominates my GSD, but when she goes too far (like bites him in the face when he gets to close to the whole bag of dog food) he pretty much shows her who's boss.

Brittany

Varick vom Haus Jeffery
Dark Sable, intact male
DDR/West German Show Lines
post #23 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_00117 View Post
I have 2 German Shepherds and a Maine Coon. Yes, the MC is considered a dog in this house.
HAHAHA! I know exactly what you mean! I have a cat that thinks its a dog! Hes actually bigger than all my dogs! I don't know if he has Maine Coon in him but I suspect he does. And my dogs and their ages are in my signature.

Life without dogs would be life without friends. The world would be a much lonelier place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

jakoda who is the second boss?

where is harley the gsd from?

Last edited by pets4life; 07-20-2012 at 08:49 PM.
post #25 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Crowned Member

I have a almost 8 year old female samoyed, a 2.5 year old male golden retriever, and 10.5 month old female GSD. All are spayed/neutered and get along fine. I also have 5 cats, but only 1 of them thinks and acts like a dog All the pets get along fine. They eat, sleep, and play together. If I had to pick one that rules over the rest, it would be the 8 year old female samoyed. She will let them all know when its time to stop and start playing. They actually do listen to her I've never had a dog fight, they respect each others space, and they all have very good temperaments.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #26 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Knighted Member

You have a house full

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I have a almost 8 year old female samoyed, a 2.5 year old male golden retriever, and 10.5 month old female GSD. All are spayed/neutered and get along fine. I also have 5 cats, but only 1 of them thinks and acts like a dog All the pets get along fine. They eat, sleep, and play together. If I had to pick one that rules over the rest, it would be the 8 year old female samoyed. She will let them all know when its time to stop and start playing. They actually do listen to her I've never had a dog fight, they respect each others space, and they all have very good temperaments.
post #27 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
You have a house full
I even continued on and got fish...started with a 20 gallon, kept that one and added a 55 gallon I'm just a sucker

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #28 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Crowned Member

I have an Akbash Dog. He is huge and weighs almost twice what a GSDs weighs. He is The Boss, but you'd never know it--he's so laid back and easygoing. He doesn't care what the GSDs get up to. He has completely different needs than a GSD--he doesn't care about balls or toys, doesn't need my attention 24/7, so there's really nothing to fight over. Food is the only thing he guards, and that's the only time you'd know that he is The Boss. Otherwise, he lets other dogs literally run right over the top of him.
post #29 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pets4life View Post
Other than shepherds? Shih Tzu

Are they male or female? Female

AGe? 12

Who is the king or queen of your house? Queen is beneath her, in her mind she is a god, we are but poor peasant slaves.
My mother has a little white, Bichony something mix that is about 6 years old. She's been with us less than a year and can be a little uppity with Shania, but blind as she is, Shania hand had out a pretty good chewing out.
post #30 of 319 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Master Member

I have a golden retriever, 11-1/2 years old. She's a saint, was perfect even as a puppy. I was very concerned how she would adapt to having a new puppy in the house, it's always been just her and me. It took her 2 days to join in the fun, but she's a new dog now, full of life and play. She is patient beyond reason. I could brag on her all day. Bringing a new dog into our family has not made me love her less, I love her even more now which hardly seems possible. Here they are...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page