German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Weekly Discussion Topics (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/weekly-discussion-topics/)
-   -   If you could change 'anything' about your dog, what would it be? (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/weekly-discussion-topics/186614-if-you-could-change-anything-about-your-dog-what-would.html)

TaZoR 07-16-2012 11:07 AM

If you could change 'anything' about your dog, what would it be?

I am just curious, and I thought we may be able to help each other with behavioral problems. However, it can be ANYTHING, no matter how big or small. This includes physical traits. Like how I wish Tazor didn't turn into a saddleback...I loved his blanket, but whatever..haha. I also wish his prey drive disappeared as I don't like how he chases my cat in the backyard. Anyway, just wondering.

NewbieShepherdGirl 07-16-2012 11:11 AM

These are kind of silly things, but the biggest thing would be I wish she was more cuddly. She's very independent and likes her space. I also wish she had some sort of interest in playing fetch.

From a temperament perspective, I wish she wasn't so fearful.

*Lisa* 07-16-2012 11:14 AM

While I love Jazmyn to the max, there are a few things I wish were different:

- She's easily overstimulated & reactive to people & dogs (more so dogs)
- She is a mouthy little diva (I am currently sporting an arm full of bruises)
- She is not very cuddly, and enjoys her space when sleeping

Emoore 07-16-2012 11:22 AM

I just wish Rocky weren't so scared and skittish. His life would be easier if he were braver.

I wish Kopper didn't have this fascination with eating my underwear.

gaia_bear 07-16-2012 11:22 AM

I love Gaia to death and her little faults just make her that much more special...I'm sure my parents said this about me growing up too but in saying that if I could change anything I'd make her less nosey. I know it's an innate behaviour of hers but it would be nice, just once, to be able to try to sneak to the bathroom in the middle of the night without her waking up and getting tangled in my feet as I feel along the walls so she can follow me and make sure the boogie monster isn't going to get me.

Other than that my little diva girl is perfect in my eyes, there are some small things but those will change with more training.

paulag1955 07-16-2012 11:26 AM

I wish Shasta wasn't so tense. I feel bad for her sometimes because it's so hard for her to settle. And Thor...I wish he wasn't so stinky.

doggerel 07-16-2012 11:30 AM

Pyrrha is such a sweetheart and she has hardly any vices at all, but I wish she was more confident in general.

Specifically, I wish that:

* She wasn't still timid and fearful around my husband.
* She was more relaxed and happy around small children.
* She wasn't so scared of other dogs we meet on-leash.

TaZoR 07-16-2012 11:40 AM

I'm the opposite now...about once a week, he doesn't go to the bathroom with me..I'm offended that he will leave me unguarded with the toilet monster, its also lonely, haha.

I see a lot of cuddle issues. Tazor is independent so..when I open my arms and say Hugzzz..he obeys..lol. kind of like when you corner your husband in a hallway. Tazor also knows 'dance'. He jumps up feet over my shoulders and eye to eye..so far..just a waltz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaia_bear (Post 2531658)
I love Gaia to death and her little faults just make her that much more special...I'm sure my parents said this about me growing up too but in saying that if I could change anything I'd make her less nosey. I know it's an innate behaviour of hers but it would be nice, just once, to be able to try to sneak to the bathroom in the middle of the night without her waking up and getting tangled in my feet as I feel along the walls so she can follow me and make sure the boogie monster isn't going to get me.

Other than that my little diva girl is perfect in my eyes, there are some small things but those will change with more training.

chloesmama2 07-16-2012 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:cry:Tazor: I had to laugh about this, because I have this daily. I would feel fortunate if I could at least get a few times a day being able to tackle the toilet monster by myself. LOL. I have two pups a lab and a gsp that think they need to race me to the bathroom and compete on who is going to be able to be under Mommy's feet while she is on the toilet. Then on those very special days - LOL they grace me with both of them joining me and making me feel so protected with them both being under me. I had to add a picture of this- You can see the toilet and then one is on each side. lol.
This would be my top on the list I wish they would change.
I also wish I could have a phone cord and a computer cord out without thinking it is going to be destroyed by a GSP. - I have went through 3 phone cords and 1 computer cord in 6 months so far,

Attachment 18854

Cheerful1 07-16-2012 12:40 PM

Prey drive, definitely.