Me or the Dog, Victoria Stilwell thoughts - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Me or the Dog, Victoria Stilwell thoughts

What do you guys think of her? I personally think she is rather annoying and I don't see her training methods "sticking" I also saw an episode where she had the family stop cooking chicken meals and put them on a cheap kibble, and another where she blamed the dogs stool eating because he was on a good high quality high protein kibble, and put him on a low protein high fiber kibble.

Also it seems every show is redundant, the same situation as the last. Dog takes over owners bed, barks to much and is bad on leash, rinse repeat.

Axel DOB 7-24-08

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Me or the Dog, Victoria Stilwell thoughts

The few times I watched it I thought she was a bit of an odd bird. Seemed to be more about the couple than the dog - which is often the case ... but made for a bit of a 'reality show' feel.

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
--------------------------------------------------
Maxwell's Silver Hammer GSD/Dobie X

post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 AM

I get tired of seeing uninformed / ignorant dog owners. I know no one is perfect...but I have about 100 other ways I'd rather spend my free time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Crowned Member

Overall I like her & her training approach a lot, <u>much</u> better than some other dog training shows on TV. I can certainly see improvements/ changes in the behavior. I don't agree with everything- like you mentioned the diet change from high quality to bad (what was she thinking?).

In one of the poop eating episodes, I didn't get why there was a need to put flags next to the poop- didn't make a lot of sense to me. IMO the dogs will just avoid the flags, but still continue eating the poo once the flags are gone later on.
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to DancingCavy Send a message via MSN to DancingCavy Send a message via Yahoo to DancingCavy

I don't think she's a canine nutritionist. But I like her training methods. I find her show much easier to watch than "The Dog Whisperer."

~Jamie~
Risa W-FDM/MF RA RL1 (AoE) CA CGC WCX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Risa's Blog)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

I also saw her on another show, forgot the name...but it was kind a reality show about different trainers training their dog to complete different obstacles. She was a judge for one of them, and although one guys dogs was head and shoulders above the rest, minded perfectly, and finished the trial with such ease and grace it made my jaw dropped...she chewed him out and failed him because while training previously he had used a shock collar. While the others who used only positive reinforcement (not saying it doesn't work, but didn't for them) their dogs just wandered around aimlessly, hopelessly confused and lost.

Axel DOB 7-24-08

post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Murphy-ElperroguapoI don't think she's a canine nutritionist. But I like her training methods. I find her show much easier to watch than "The Dog Whisperer."
But you see I don't buy that excuse, neither am I, or most everyone else on this board and we know better...and we aren't "world renowned" dog people.

Axel DOB 7-24-08

post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM

I think she's HOT, but so did the Mastiff that was humping her every chance he got! I don't know were they find all these idiots to be on the show but then again it's no different than most of the other crap that's on TV.
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Nikkoli110

The show drives me nuts, she's kind of annoying. But I think she does have some good training tips. I personally like the Dog Whisperer better. I agree on the dog owners, they just drive me insane.

Nikki
Proud Mom to
Katie black & tan GSD 3 years old
Titan all black GSD 2 years old
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bookjunky4life

I have no problem with those who want to use positively only training methods. However, she is SO nasty and judgmental to anyone who uses anything even remotely not pure-positive that I can't stand her when she's that way. Such as the big argument with the other female judge on America's Greatest Dog. She got after the pointer mix owner so much for holding up his pointer finger at his dog to stay that it was ridiculous. I still watch it though.

Kayla
Captain of Muddy Waters, CGC, AKC GSD - 5 yr old male
Rising Star of Juneau, CGC, CKC Alaskan Malamute - 2.5 yr old male
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page