Mounting the E collar remote control on bike - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2018, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Mounting the E collar remote control on bike

Anyone having any idea on how to mount the remote control from the Ecollar on a bike's handle bar? I don't see how attaching her to the bike with a leash will be safe for or me (I had back surgery). So I need off leash control in areas where there is wildlife to be expected or suicidal cats when I am on a bike with her. She does great walking/running next to the bike but I know if there is something to chase and I don't have E-control, it will be a disaster.
Ideas very welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2018, 07:29 PM
Elite Member

Duct Tape.

He prayeth well who loveth well
Both man and bird and beast;
He prayeth best who loveth best
All creatures great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us,
He made and loveth All.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:35 PM
The Friendly Neighborhood Witch Mod

I use this bike attachment:

https://www.amazon.com/Walky-Dog-Exe...ords=walky+dog

It’s been an absolute game changer for bike riding with the dogs. Even if they pull, you cannot feel it. I DO still use the ecollar on my boy (temperament issues and reactivity) when I bike him, but I just wear it around my neck.
WIBackpacker likes this.

Train the dog in front of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2018, 07:39 PM
Administrator

If you're open to some other approaches, I bought a WalkyDog Plus last spring and it completely changed how I use my bike....

I didn't really bike much for years, because it would exercise *me* but I'd still need to go home and swim or run the dogs. That thing is super, and I used my bike more last summer than in several years prior, combined.

It absorbs shock well (I was skeptical). I used a flat collar at first and then switched to a Comfort Flex harness, which works better for both of my dogs.

Just a thought.

ETA, Gypsy beat me to it.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I have a WalkyDog, tried it and she can still pull me to the side if something happens so that's why she is off leash. I tried duct tape but that was a pain as it came loose. I cannot tape it over the control because it will cover the crucial buttons. I was thinking about a wire-frame holder like they have for maps. I guess I will have to invent one.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Crowned Member

What kind of e-collar? That will depend on what kind of holder.

For example - Tritronics holster to wear on your body instead of on the bike

http://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-p...yABEgKdePD_BwE

Old 02-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Crowned Member

I have the Walky dog if the kids ride ahead of me max will want to pick up speed. We have a lot of people with those invisible fences - hate those. I have the dog walky on one collar and have the leash attatched to the prong which I gather up the leash and hold in hand with handlebars in case I need it. It works well and has no issues. I just feel safer doing it this way.
Slamdunc likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
I have the Walky dog if the kids ride ahead of me max will want to pick up speed. We have a lot of people with those invisible fences - hate those. I have the dog walky on one collar and have the leash attatched to the prong which I gather up the leash and hold in hand with handlebars in case I need it. It works well and has no issues. I just feel safer doing it this way.

This is what I do too

Old 02-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Crowned Member

Jax08 - it works good I love the dog walky!!!

Old 02-19-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Hi people, thank you for taking the time to reply to my question but why are you trying to talk me into the Walky Dog? Been there, done that as explained. I need a way to attach the remote on my handle bar.
To Jax08: it is a Dogtra 300. I just checked their web site and it may work to get the holster mounted on the bike. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by wolfy dog; 02-19-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in