Good Youtube training vids? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Good Youtube training vids?

As I continue to do my research on GSD I'm looking for more good dog training videos on Youtube. Any recommendations?

I've looked at German Shepherd Man & Solid K9 Training. I really enjoy how Solid K9 Training works dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Crowned Member

This older thread has some suggestions:

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...ng-videos.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Master Member

Stonnie Dennis is a good one. Always positive. However, it's deceiving. I thought I could stay positive with my pup. Sometimes they need a whack with a loud "no"

He makes it look easy for the puppy vids, but I'm sure that he's spent time training them and THEN makes a vid once they're doing well. It's a bit frustrating when you start to do it and your pup is being a butt and you think "Stonnie did it so easily" lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Master Member

Hahaha. Agreed Armstice. There’s also the consideration that Stonnie lives on a fenced acreage, where he has several dogs available to use for playing together to meet the exercise requirements of each dog.

Like he’s said - you should always start a training session with a dog who has had their exercise requirements met. That way they’re easier to navigate. I think he also makes it easier because he’s very structured and clear. I’ve seen people take dogs from others and get results immediately, then give the dog back and the owner can’t get the dog to do a thing even though they just did it.

I like Upstate Canine Education and Stonnie Dennis personally. Those are the main two I’ve really gone back to watch and learn from again on YouTube.

The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.

Kona
2017/03/19

"Ryka" Joule von Wendelin
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Master Member

Larry Khron
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM

Here's my list.

To train a new dog or puppy or new things to a dog & tricks & other optionals.
kikopup
Donna Hill
Kristen Crejesto

Having trouble getting the necessities down & proofed, I go to:
Chad Mackin
Tyler Muto (Leerburg channel)

Michael Ellis theory of dog training (1 hr get your geek on talking head vid) <--also leerburg

When searching you-tube, keep in mind it's not always the cream that rises to the top.

On that note, if you are thinking of using an e-collar, Larry Krohn

SONIC--Dominican Street Collie aka 100% Unknown Fibers
All of my other dogs were GSD's, sadly missed, moving forward

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page