Bed time! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Question Bed time!

What time do you put your crated puppy/dog to bed at night? Or what is your routine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 09:10 PM

My pup goes to bed/crate on his own at 10pm religiously.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 09:10 PM

Through the week I'm up at 6-6:30. Let him out, he eats while I'm in the shower then we go for a walk down to a field down the street for some fetch as I don't have a yard, back home and crated from 7:30 until my boyfriend gets home between 3-4. When I get home at 5 I relax for bit and feed him, then out for training and exercise. The time varies by what else I have to do. Back around 7:30-8:30 and we relax until about 9:30-10. He sleeps on his bed beside my bed. His schedule has always been the same, except for less exercise and he the neighbor let him out throughout the day when he was younger. It was hard to break the schedule on weekends but now he will only wake me up if he needs to pee and he will go back to sleep for a little while. Weekend bed time is whenever he decides, as long as he is not causing any ruckus.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Be the person your dog thinks you are

Bear - 02/26/15
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthvader View Post
My pup goes to bed/crate on his own at 10pm religiously.
So does Leo (sometimes 9/9:30p) but is a late riser, on the flip side---he usually always gets a solid 10-12 hours, still!! But, alas, the naps (in crate) are few and far between for our 1+ year old :-) He still loves lounging on his chair during the day.

Tina/Mama

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo~5/22/14~ GSD Love of my Life pup

Shane, 2001-2017, Gentle-Soul, Black GSD,

Jake, 2000-2013, Rhodesian Ridgeback (soul-mate pup)

Mike, 2008-2014, GSD, Gentle Giant
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 08:54 AM
Crowned Member

Once "Devil Dog Time" was over, between 9:00 - 10:00, we took them into the yard for about 15 minutes for potty and to calm down. Then, into a covered crate, in our room, with their "Beating Heart" Snuggle Puppy!
New Puppy Starter Kit - Brown Mutt - SmartPetLove

Moms
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleen View Post
What time do you put your crated puppy/dog to bed at night? Or what is your routine?
During the first few months of puppyhood I'd put Liza in the crate when I went to bed, turned off the lights, etc. In the ~three years since then I haven't had any night-time routine with her. She's usually in the "off" mode at home, and going to bed is just a question of turning off the lights (if even that).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page