A very smart GSD! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

A very smart GSD!

Thought i would share this video, watch how this female German shepherd is trained to where owner puts a sandwich in front of her, walk out of the room, and she wont touch it while he walks away!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnjHKhWRPn8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Elite Member

Very impressive.
But I'm wondering...maybe he didn't really leave the room. The dog seems to be staring at him in the video. But maybe she was just waiting for him to come back.

Brittany

Varick vom Haus Jeffery
Dark Sable, intact male
DDR/West German Show Lines
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 01:43 PM

not necessarily "smart".. more like : Well Trained.
My dog will do the sandwich thing easy!

The only thing is I hav to work with her on her commands because she will get "rusty" if I don't take her through her paces on a regular basis.. she knows about 40 commands to date, replete with simultaneous hand signals..

And.. I did it all by myself too.. well, after researching a few vids I saw online.. but then just practice, practice, (consistency!) and practice, practice.. but she loooves it! Its so much fun for her and its like a form of "communication" between us.

Lately though am wondering about joining a club of some sort, (I'm in South FL/Broward/Palm Beach County) because people are always amazed at my dog, (she listens better than the kids next door do!) lol.. However, let me iterate that I am definitely not the level of some on here with the SCH1/2/3 certifications.. my Tundra is just .. my puppy! (yes shes about 5 yrs lol but still "my puppy") she loves and adores me so much, I was there when she was born so we go waay back lol.. I hav to say I never imagined loving a dog so much.. but she is just the best. dog. ever.

anyway, guess thats my bragging moment for the day ..

Hey, I'm new here.. just joined, I hav to brag about my girl!

Shes the Reason I'm here.

Last edited by T U N D R A; 10-07-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: mis spelling etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Elite Member

I have this jacket that i wear when i play fighting with my dog.. he love to play rough.. also i train him to wait until i say attack then he can charge at me.. last night my wife and i played fighting then she told Ace to attack me.. he went to the wardrobe and get some random jacket and gave it to me ( dropped it on my feet , sit and wait ) . we had a good laugh out of it.

Ace Von Backyard 3/12/2014
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Cool, sounds like a lot of you have smart GSD! Then again, smart is 2nd nature to them lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page