- Jumping on counters with me standing right there grabbing stuff on the counter top
- After i tell her to get down from somewhere, she will and go right back after
- When i get her water or food, she barks at me sometimes, or if im sitting and she wants something she will bark at me
- she snaps the air when she isn't getting what she wants right at that moment: food, water, going out, wanting a toy, or treat
- we put the trash up so she cant reach, but there is something next to it that she now is figuring out to get on to get into the trash and pulls things out
- she is super mouthy- especially when she is realy excited or wants something- for instance on a walk when she grabs a stick or a leaf i will be like "bring it here!" and she does and than if she lets go of it in a rush she will jump up and grab my arm with her teeth. To this i say "no!" and than ignore her, but then she will bite at her leash)
*She can handle about 3 miles a day of exercise (because of her bad hips), so i split it up between 2-3 walks per day, daily she plays with her sister, i do some obedience training with her trying to do more fun things as suggested, i also play with her like tug but set rules, i play "find 'em" and "thats it!" with her as some mental stimulation, i ask her to do something before i give her food, water, to go out of a room, to go into a room, etc.
I feel like i'm getting frustrated with her and because of that its taking a toll on our relationship.
People say i need to be more firm with her, but what does that mean other than what i'm doing? What i ask her to do- is what i make her do if she doesn't do it the second time i ask.
I am told that she doesn't take me seriously and thats why she keeps doing this?
Because of her SA and all this- i would love for her to just run or do 2 hour hikes at a time- but she cant handle this, she lays down because she is hurting. I'm in this circle and i cant win. And it sucks for both of us.
Thats why i posed about the leeburg article, when introducing a new adult dog to the house. I wasn't sure if that is something that would get us back on track.
I feel really bad, but i'm running out of everything- patience, money, energy. I don't have a lot of money otherwise i would more classes with her to help both of us.
Or is this all a phase? The mouthy, jumping up, bossy, barking at me phase? I kind of doubt it- it's probably all my fault- I feel like no matter what approach i try, it doesn't work.
If there is anything i want for Zelda and I, its to have a better relationship. Because she is a sweet, smart, girl and love her a lot.
*Sorry for making this thread as it is similar- it just is worse now and more things and am hoping someone has this helpful article or book or idea that will kindle something.