Fool, get off my back... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Fool, get off my back...

I am so **** mad.

Every time...EVERY **** TIME...
I work/play/train with my boys, I always encounter that one person who's like,

"Oh. My. God. How could you?! No dog should ever have to work all day. You're taking away the essence of them being able to live their lives as dogs by placing so many demands on them. You're a terrible dog owner! My dog is just fine, even though he has no manners, doesn't listen to any of my requests, attack my children, neighbors, dogs, and even myself sometimes to get what they want. So what if they bark, it's called being a dog!"

...it's so hard not to take it personal.
Especially when people insult my babies...it sends me in a RAGE. I get so protective and defensive, and with having PTSD and trying to train my own Service Dogs, sometimes it gets mentally frustrating and there have been times where. I almost ripped out this womans throat for telling me that my boys are "just dogs" as if they have no value. I can't STAND it.

So my question is...what do I say? How do I tell people to back off and let me do my thing without being offended? And how do I draw the line to where once I do, there's no crossing it so I can properly train my babies in peace and confidence?

- Akeiko Sage & The Boys Fool, get off my back...-imageuploadedbypg-free1381358139.294359.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 PM

I just smile and say " You know, you might just be right" and finish the rest of the sentence "but not a chance this time, you bumbling idiot" under my breath. When you allow them to form the opinion that you "agree" they will shut up and toddle along and go bother someone else who they can harass. Once they are gone, give your dog a big ole hug and explain to him or her that is why dogs eat their young so they can avoid having stupid members of the pack out loose in the world. Dogs are much smarter than we usually give them credit for, who else reads posture, body language, tone, temper and attitude with not one word spoken. And live to love their person and do what ever they can every day of their life to make that person happy they are in their pack. I cant think of a better friend in the whole word to have around. Too bad people aren't loyal and driven to do the same things as our animal friends. Think how nice the world could be. So don't let the idiots ruffle your feathers, they are just stupid and have no clue what they are talking about. I wouldn't take job advice from an idiot and I certainly wont take training advice from them either...

Wheelchair Bob

Hally, The Olden Golden 12/5/1999-
Indi, (GSD) 8/4/2011-
Dixie, (GSD) 8/11/2011-
Sassy, (Rottie) Born 10/9/1999-6/12/2006 RIP
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Knighted Member

I probably wouldn't have been that nice about it. But then I'm not a very PC person and never will be.

I can guarantee you that she would never speak to me nor bother me while working with the dog ever again.

Bear, Anna, Molly, Ossie, and The Countess Lisl von Schlaf

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 PM

Wink

Yours may be just dogs....mine are much more.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 PM

Next time duct tape a bite sleeve to her head👍

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 09:01 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Ignore, ignore, ignore. Can you avoid this person, or is she completely unavoidable?

No matter where you go, no matter what you do, you're going to encounter people with stupid ideas and bizarre opinions on any number of topics, and there's nothing you can do about that other than not let those people get to you. They can't hurt you or make you angry or upset you if you refuse to allow them to. Smile politely, thank her for her opinion if you want, and then move away. You are under no obligation to stick around and listen to her crap.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDogs View Post
I am so **** mad.

Especially when people insult my babies...it sends me in a RAGE. I get so protective and defensive, and with having PTSD and trying to train my own Service Dogs, sometimes it gets mentally frustrating and there have been times where. I almost ripped out this womans throat for telling me that my boys are "just dogs" as if they have no value. I can't STAND it.
I don't know if you are exaggerating, though I hope you are. If you are seriously at this level of instability and aggression, I can only advise you to get some professional help. I have been through counseling on several occasions to help deal with PTSD, and I have personally had great results.

What you post on the internet is admissible in court.

David Winners

When a dog saves the life of a man, it becomes clear that partnership knows no bounds.

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RIP)
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert / Mobility SD (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
Hank - DW Dog (Cane Corso)
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Banned

what the heck are you doing to these dogs that "EVERY TIME" people say something?
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
I am so **** mad.

Every time...EVERY **** TIME...
I work/play/train with my boys, I always encounter that one person who's like,

"Oh. My. God. How could you?! No dog should ever have to work all day. You're taking away the essence of them being able to live their lives as dogs by placing so many demands on them. You're a terrible dog owner! My dog is just fine, even though he has no manners, doesn't listen to any of my requests, attack my children, neighbors, dogs, and even myself sometimes to get what they want. So what if they bark, it's called being a dog!"

So my question is...what do I say? How do I tell people to back off and let me do my thing without being offended? And how do I draw the line to where once I do, there's no crossing it so I can properly train my babies in peace and confidence?

- Akeiko Sage & The Boys Attachment 121898

...seriously? Why not just walk away?
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Banned

your dogs have no manners, don't listen to any of your requests, attacks your children, neighbors, dogs, you and they bark but you think your dogs are fine. what work are your dogs doing if they're not trained?

your dogs aren't offended, hurt or angry because people make comments about them.

Quote:

I am so **** mad.

>>>>> Every time...EVERY **** TIME...
I work/play/train with my boys, I always encounter that one person who's like, "Oh. My. God. How could you?! No dog should ever have to work all day. You're taking away the essence of them being able to live their lives as dogs by placing so many demands on them. You're a terrible dog owner! <<<<<

>>>>> My dog is just fine, even though he has no manners, doesn't listen to any of my requests, attack my children, neighbors, dogs, and even myself sometimes to get what they want. So what if they bark, it's called being a dog!"<<<<<

- Akeiko Sage & The Boys Attachment 121898

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page