Cesar millian and dog terms - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 788
Cesar millian and dog terms

I noticed Cesar millan hitting dogs like something to do with water bowl dog food Labrador aggression. He hit her several times in the episode. I noticed yanks on leashes and force. His Alpha thing bothers me i don't believe that no more. He seems to think of dogs as property too. Dog terms like owner pets etc. hate the property terms dogs are not objects living beings. No lesser than humans we have all same feelings all beings pain and strive for love. I hate brags about humans being better than all other species superior. No one is inferior to anyone. Dogs are my companions comrades best friends like other humans. I'm the guardian caretaker of dogs or best friends.
Lobobear44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Master Member
 
Cschmidt88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anderson, CA
Posts: 658
The Cesar thing is a whole can of worms, he has a lot of supporters but many people seem to forget that this is television.

I'm personally not a fan, because despite "Don't try this at home"... people do. And they do it a lot, and it presents dangerous scenarios at times.

I like that he's a supporter of exercise and I do think he cares for the dogs.

I find that really does not have a good understanding of dog behavior or body language. (Such as "panting" being a sign of a "Calm submissive" dog, when that is an indicator of stress if the dog is not hot or active prior.)

Studies have shown dogs are not as strong of pack animals as many believe, the do indeed form packs, but they are very loose knit and dogs come and go. Here's a good link explaining the scientific definition of dominance.
The Dominance Controversy | Philosophy | Dr. Sophia Yin, DVM, MS

More information on Alpha Theory
De-Bunking the "Alpha Dog" Theory - Whole Dog Journal Article

This page goes through a whole slew of reasons some are not fans.
Cesar Millan - The Dog Whisperer: Critics Answers

Dakonic German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cschmidt88 is offline  
post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Member
 
Ambrola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 116
I was surprised that Ceaser tried to commit suicide?
Ambrola is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Elite Member
 
DaniFani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,532
Ceaser, and that video in particular, has been beaten to death in several threads on here.

Welcome to the official home of the German Shepherd Dog, a dog respected and admired throughout the world for its versatility, loyalty and intelligence. - Search Results for cesar milan

You can peruse through all those threads if you like. Also, from your previous posts I understand that you are very strongly, emotional, when it comes to dogs. I disagree that dogs are on the same level as humans, but I don't think that you need to go to the opposite extreme and say they are sub-servants to us....just a balance of below humans, but obviously deserving of respect and care because they are at the whim of human interactions, development, and industrialization. However, I would never say they are equal to humans, but to each their own. :-)
DaniFani is offline  
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniFani View Post
Ceaser, and that video in particular, has been beaten to death in several threads on here.

Welcome to the official home of the German Shepherd Dog, a dog respected and admired throughout the world for its versatility, loyalty and intelligence. - Search Results for cesar milan

You can peruse through all those threads if you like. Also, from your previous posts I understand that you are very strongly, emotional, when it comes to dogs. I disagree that dogs are on the same level as humans, but I don't think that you need to go to the opposite extreme and say they are sub-servants to us....just a balance of below humans, but obviously deserving of respect and care because they are at the whim of human interactions, development, and industrialization. However, I would never say they are equal to humans, but to each their own. :-)
Humans are above dogs cause why? We make stuff give shelter and such but there is way more to that than better or equal. Dogs and other species know more of them and us than we do them. humans are a disgrace so rotten to innocent creatures and show very little understanding and more misconceptions towards them. Dogs are beings if you say owner call a parent an owner of a child adopted or birth. Many vegans like me are offended to saying owner pet below than us. Ever heard no one is inferior to anyone? Animals are humans just furry we humans are furless animals. That goes for all beings. Animals attack a human is cause human was stupid and deserves it.
Lobobear44 is offline  
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Master Member
 
frillint1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 860
I dont agree with all of his methods, but I have to say he has helped me alot with my GSD. Mostly helping me realize when I was getting tense and how it goes to the dog and how to relax after giving a correction and walk with confidence. That actually just made a huge difference for me and my dog. Just watching his show and him telling the people when to relax and be calm but assertive. Cesar doesnt hit the dog he touches them which he no different than us poping the dogs collar.

R.I.P- Smokey my GSD/Husky. You are my hero, my heart, my soul and you will forever remain in my heart. You were a true companion. I love You and miss You so much. Run like the wind!!

Chief-GSD
frillint1 is offline  
post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Crowned Member
 
selzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denmark, Ohio
Posts: 31,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobobear44 View Post
I noticed Cesar millan hitting dogs like something to do with water bowl dog food Labrador aggression. He hit her several times in the episode. I noticed yanks on leashes and force. His Alpha thing bothers me i don't believe that no more. He seems to think of dogs as property too. Dog terms like owner pets etc. hate the property terms dogs are not objects living beings. No lesser than humans we have all same feelings all beings pain and strive for love. I hate brags about humans being better than all other species superior. No one is inferior to anyone. Dogs are my companions comrades best friends like other humans. I'm the guardian caretaker of dogs or best friends.
"I noticed Cesar millan hitting dogs like something to do with water bowl dog food Labrador aggression. He hit her several times in the episode. I noticed yanks on leashes and force."

Yeah, I am not a fan of Cesar's either, but he does have quite a following and is a self-made man.

"His Alpha thing bothers me i don't believe that no more."


The whole alpha - pack garbage, may have some grains of truth somewhere, but it is so over-done, over-used, that I think it causes way more problems than it helps.

"He seems to think of dogs as property too. Dog terms like owner pets etc. hate the property terms dogs are not objects living beings."

Well, they are property in the eyes of the law. Sorry, but that is true, and I hope that it continues to be true. I am my pet's owner, I am, therefore responsible for their behavior, their condition, their training, damages caused by them, etc. And this is true until the dog dies, is put down, or I give or sell him to a new owner. He is not going to grow up and move out on his own at any point. He is and will always be totally dependent on me unless his ownership transfers to another responsible party.

"No lesser than humans we have all same feelings all beings pain and strive for love. I hate brags about humans being better than all other species superior. No one is inferior to anyone."


While dogs have emotions and can feel pain, and can bond with people or other dogs, they are not humans. There are some significant differences that can get us in trouble if we equate dogs to humans. First and foremost, a human leaves behind a family, friends, people at work, people at church, pets etc, some of whom he is responsible to caring for. For this reason, if it comes between saving the life of any of my dogs, and any human being, I will miss my dog very, very much, and grieve for her, but I will save the human if at all possible.

I don't see it that humans are so much better than other species, but dogs are not moral beings. They can love to an extent, they can choose to obey you, but they do not make decisions based on how their action will effect other beings. Humans can do this. Dogs do not. Expecting a dog to hold to a moral code that we adopt is really unfair to the dog. We in fact, have to ensure that our dog's behavior is appropriate and prevent anything that we do not want our dog to do by protecting the dog, and being present, correcting the dog, etc.

A human being will be at some point responsible for a job, for a home, for a family, etc. A dog is never responsible for anyone. We are responsible for them and this is not going to change, no matter how much we train or trust them. We cannot let them make their own decisions because we are responsible for the consequences of those decisions.

"Dogs are my companions comrades best friends like other humans. I'm the guardian caretaker of dogs or best friends."

My dogs are my companions, my comrads, my best friends as well. But I am not their guardian, I am their owner, and that means that I am their caretaker. The whole guradian terminology comes from the animal rights movement, and it is actually very scary. Understand that the animal rights movement and the animal welfare movement are not one in the same. The individuals and organizations behind the Animal Rights Movement, like PETA, really do not like the idea of animal ownership at all. Which means, that if they do not like that you own a dog, they would like to be able to hire an attourney for your dog and take you to court to transfer the guardianship of your dog to a more appropriate entity. This is kind of the road this movement is going down. These people are as crazy as this sounds paranoid. If they feel your dog should have a larger yard to romp in, they can fight for a court to award someone else guardianship of your dog.

The Animal Welfare movements wants to ensure that people are not neglecting or abusing animals. I am all for that. And if people break laws, they may try to have a dog removed from the ownership of an individual -- that is fine too.

The difference is that the Animal Rights movement really does not believe in people living with animals. They would rather there not be any dog breeds and pet dogs die out completely, and dogs revert back to packs of feral dogs, like coyotes or wolves. The fact that you tell your dog to SIT to give him a treat is terrible to them, because you are enslaving an animal for your own ends -- they are that crazy.

There is nothing wrong with the premise of owning a dog or many dogs. This movement is trying to change the way we think about dog-ownership. Dog ownership is in fact responsibility for a specific dog and nothing more. It is not negative. They are trying to make the terminology negative to forward their attitudes of a people's relationship with animals.

I don't think any of us on this site would be happy with the world according to how Animal Rights People would have it.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.

Last edited by selzer; 07-20-2013 at 09:56 PM.
selzer is offline  
post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Crowned Member
 
selzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denmark, Ohio
Posts: 31,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobobear44 View Post
Humans are above dogs cause why? We make stuff give shelter and such but there is way more to that than better or equal. Dogs and other species know more of them and us than we do them. humans are a disgrace so rotten to innocent creatures and show very little understanding and more misconceptions towards them. Dogs are beings if you say owner call a parent an owner of a child adopted or birth. Many vegans like me are offended to saying owner pet below than us. Ever heard no one is inferior to anyone? Animals are humans just furry we humans are furless animals. That goes for all beings. Animals attack a human is cause human was stupid and deserves it.
Uhm, animals are members of the Animal Kingdom. They can be birds, fish, reptiles, mammals, insects, arachnids, etc. Only some animals have fur. Many animals have hair. Humans are animals. All animals are not humans. Only homo-sapiens are humans. Sorry. Canines are not humans -- Different genus and spieces. We are both mammals, but that is about as far as it goes.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
selzer is offline  
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Master Member
 
OUbrat79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobobear44 View Post
Humans are above dogs cause why? We make stuff give shelter and such but there is way more to that than better or equal. Dogs and other species know more of them and us than we do them. humans are a disgrace so rotten to innocent creatures and show very little understanding and more misconceptions towards them. Dogs are beings if you say owner call a parent an owner of a child adopted or birth. Many vegans like me are offended to saying owner pet below than us. Ever heard no one is inferior to anyone? Animals are humans just furry we humans are furless animals. That goes for all beings. Animals attack a human is cause human was stupid and deserves it.
Because that is how God made us.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Kolt Ammo Vom Geschenk "Ammo"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ammo Spikey Dog Brinx "Brinx"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OUbrat79 is offline  
post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Crowned Member
 
selzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denmark, Ohio
Posts: 31,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobobear44 View Post
Humans are above dogs cause why? We make stuff give shelter and such but there is way more to that than better or equal. Dogs and other species know more of them and us than we do them. humans are a disgrace so rotten to innocent creatures and show very little understanding and more misconceptions towards them. Dogs are beings if you say owner call a parent an owner of a child adopted or birth. Many vegans like me are offended to saying owner pet below than us. Ever heard no one is inferior to anyone? Animals are humans just furry we humans are furless animals. That goes for all beings. Animals attack a human is cause human was stupid and deserves it.
Maybe you can answer a question for me. How can a Vegan own or be the guardian of a dog? A dog requires meat to be healthy, so the caretaker must purchase meat products for their dog -- how does that work? How is your owning a pet acceptible as it requires countless chickens, lambs, or fish to live usually in awful conditions, being raised soley to be slaughtered to feed your pet? How come the lives of those creatures are not as important as the life of your dog?

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
selzer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome