Will Be Meeting With a Trainer Next Thursday - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Will Be Meeting With a Trainer Next Thursday

I've done classes off and on over the last couple of decades with my dogs, but have never worked one-on-one with a trainer before.

Anyone have words of wisdom? Suggestions for any questions I should ask? Anything special to look for?

Should I be prepared with a list of what I would like to get out of training?

And should I be alarmed over any particular methods he should mention or that I would see?

Thanks!

Jo & Teddy,my female german shepherd, born Christmas Day, 2011
"One reason a dog is such a lovable creature is his tail wags instead of his tongue." - Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Crowned Member

Is there a reason that you are choosing with one on one training versus the class setting this time?

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Well, I did start a class that I thought was a total waste of time and money. I didn't care for the instructor's methods and the area where we met was entirely too small.

I also think that since there are five of us here (hubby and older teens), I'd like for everyone to be on the same page, and that would be more easily accomplished with a trainer here in my home.

I'm very pleased with Teddy, but I know that she is a bit reactive and barky, and I need someone to help me with that before it gets out of control. She's very friendly with people and other dogs we meet at the dog park and other settings, but she does bark when on leash (although certainly not always), and does bark a bit too much when someone comes to the door.

She's just turning six months old, and I don't want to waste any more time.

Jo & Teddy,my female german shepherd, born Christmas Day, 2011
"One reason a dog is such a lovable creature is his tail wags instead of his tongue." - Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page