Help, dog is urninating and pooping again/still - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Help, dog is urninating and pooping again/still

We bought a White GSD dog. KiAnn is her name. She was already 6 months old and was raised outside underneath a house. She will be 2 in February. She was living with 10 other adult dogs. We housebroke her but she still had the "once in a while accident". She is very high strung and can not be left alone. Part of the problem may be that I work from home so, therefore, she really isn't alone. She stopped "going in the house" until we had a pool put in. Once they started, she reverted back to peeing in the house "same spot" and pooping. She only does this at night after my boyfriend leaves for work. He leaves for work around 2:30 a.m. He does not work on Weds or Sun. SHe does not do it then. Is she upset that he leaves, is she mad at me thinkin I made him leave? She was never crated as it was pretty easy to train her. What can we do to get her stop this. She goes in the same spot all the time. I have used everything I could find on the Internet to get rid of the smell and residue. I have even used 200.00 of Natures Miracle and nothing. What am I doing wrong. We love her so much and we don't know what to do. We are not sure if her being white has anything to do with it. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Walk her before he leaves.

Then use a baby gate to keep her OUT of that room and in a room you don't care about if she has an accident (bathroom?).

Crates would have been the best. A shame you didn't crate train when you first got her. This is another great reason we mostly all DO crate. It's not because our dogs are harder to train . It's because (especially for a fearful dog) crates are PERFECT cause they learn it's their safe happy haven in life. So it PREVENTS fear issues. PREVENTS accidents. Helps pups become more confident and secure.

Plus when a training breakdown occurs it's a fast easy way to just backtrack that our dogs understand.

So, for you, management is key.

1. Keep your dog out of the room where they 'always' pee/poo

2. Ramp up the whatever walking and exercise your dog enjoys

3. Sign up for some dog classes and see how that goes. Even privates to mentally stimulate your dog may help.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page