Barking issue getting better, plays for 1st time ever!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Barking issue getting better, plays for 1st time ever!!

Well, I am so happy we got through Star Puppy and Obelix graduated with flying colors. He has always had a barking issue while with other puppies or particularly when other dogs approach on a walk, it has been awful ! 2 weeks ago a friend who has fly ball dogs suggested I bring 6 mo old Obelix to her farm and let her pack show him some manners, she has very sound trained dogs. They did just that and corrected his aggressive approach. That evening Obelix went to puppy class and for the 1st time in his life actually played with the other puppies instead of barking, nipping and pulling tails. He rolled on the floor and acted like a dog !
I was sooo happy and could see that the power of the pack worked wonders for him. Those dogs did for Obelix what puppy class could not do. I am excited to move forward toward a CGC and then possibly agility as he loves the agility we have done so far.
For those with barking or behavior issues...don't give up! There is a key to your dogs dilemma, We have moved a step forward and boy does it feel good, I have tried so hard with him ! Thanks for letting me share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Knighted Member

That's great news. Keep up the good work you two.

Jamie Lee~blk GSD~6/24/10
Lola~mastiff mix~2/10/08
Samson~minpin~1/29/06
Grover~terrier mix~1/28/11
Victor~GSD~(RIP)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page