Ugh im tired of this, Please help ! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Ugh im tired of this, Please help !

I have a gsd that will turn 1 on aug 29 and she has a big prob ! she is scared of the water hoes and pullss, bites shoes and jumps on people TO MUCH ! ): iloveeee her soo muchh and dont what to give her away but my parents say if she dosnt stop ima have to give her away ! so please help, how do i prevent this ?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

****pull cloths ****
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Crowned Member

Hi.

You need obedience classes to learn how to teach your puppy what you want. She has lots of energy, you need to play with her a lot, every day, and probably walk her twice every day. Early morning and evening if it is hot where you are.

You need to check out Nothing In Life Is Free, and get your parents on board.

You need to only pet, only praise when all four feet are on the ground.

You need to work together with your parents, get the pup on a schedule, provide mental and physical exercise, train with a trainer, and everyone start treating the dog like a dog with consistent leadership and discipline -- that does not mean hitting or punishing the dog, it means stopping a game if she gets mouthy, no petting when she jumps up. And the like.

The reason it is important for everyone to be on board is because No One wants the 60 pound puppy to jump on Great Aunt Matilda, she can break a hip; but when Cousin George comes over and riles her up and laughs and plays with her in a two-legged-stance, well she is getting serious mixed messages, and does not have the discernment yet to make good choices. So this is going to have to stop.

Classes
NILIF
Exercise
Play -- lots of it

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Crowned Member

Two words: obedience classes.

Why is the water hose a problem?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

the water hoes is a prob for me becasue when i turn it on she runns away. how can i get her used to it. should i tie her then hoes her down or what ?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiaxD View Post
the water hoes is a prob for me becasue when i turn it on she runns away. how can i get her used to it. should i tie her then hoes her down or what ?
Oh, you're talking about bathing her with the hose? Yes, you should tie her to something sturdy when you bathe her.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Elite Member

Why are you hosing down your dog? It's probably uncomfortable for her if she's running away. The pressure may be too high.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiaxD View Post
I have a gsd that will turn 1 on aug 29 and she has a big prob ! she is scared of the water hoes and pullss, bites shoes and jumps on people TO MUCH ! ): iloveeee her soo muchh and dont what to give her away but my parents say if she dosnt stop ima have to give her away ! so please help, how do i prevent this ?!
You are a kid and asking about breeding your dog? Your parents should join here. Your parents should pay for an OB class and all of you should be involved in training.

-Brandi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
6-5-09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 PM
vat
Knighted Member

Your dog needs training, get signed up for a class now!

Valerie

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10

Rio 10/08-2/10

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshies View Post
Why are you hosing down your dog? It's probably uncomfortable for her if she's running away. The pressure may be too high.
Hose water is normally very cold,my dogs react better to tepid baths in a little plastic pool. No winter baths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page