Ok...Need water bowl help! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Ok...Need water bowl help!

I have tried several things to stop 2 of my GSD's from flipping over their water bowl. I have dug a pit and buried in pretty deep so they couldn't flip it. It lasted about 3 days before they realized they could just splash all the water out and then somehow pry it up out of the ground. I went and got a large pale and filled it up hoping the weight would stop them and again they got it emptied and then flipped it over. I also got some concrete screws and drilled down thru the bottom of the pale to secure it to the concrete, that's right, no luck. They just kept on messsing with it till they tore it up and was able to rip it out of the screws. Help, its not that I really care for them flipping it, but now thats its getting warmer I don't want them going the day without water. Any ideas?

Nick

Jag.. Jukk Last Van Hauser GSD, K-9
Sable..Dutch Shepherd, Explosives Detection Dog
Arko.. Bane VanDerHaus Bildtunderschrift GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Crowned Member

King Metalworks 28 gal. Galvanized Metal Tub - 2202103 | Tractor Supply Company

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Crowned Member

yeah , you and me both.Attach buckets to the fence and they pull until the wire distorts and off comes the bucket . Then the toss and roll the thing around. Water is paddled out within minutes . One of the ladies showed a kennel set up . I caught sight that her buckets had a loop and clip ? Anyway I thought it looked great. Hope she reads this and answers .
Carmen
Carmspack Working German Shepherd Dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

HaHa, that's the exact one I got at TSC, Emoore, they had it turned over in less than 20 mins while I was showering!

Nick

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Your dog must be related to Ruger....the water monster from ****....I got a water dish/container. Dont know how to discribe it . It has a 5 gallon conainer like ozarka comes in. with a water dish attatched at the botto. 25.oo at tractor supply. It is keeping him from turning it over but it really gets ucky in the bottom. I cant lift the darn thing but hubby can. So far it works and my little dogs can get water also. He is the worse when he sees water anywhere he dumps it. I tried the pail, big bowls and its the only thing that works. good luck...

penny, hunter, spike and ruger....
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Crowned Member

yeah I've done the 28 gallon tub and the dog sat in it .
I've even thought of inventing a system where the water containing vessel is on the outside with just a tray on the inside to drink from - like an elaborate bird waterer .
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Crowned Member

hmmm...depending on your kennel setup, what if you put the bucket on the outside of the kennel, attached to the fence so they can't flip it, and remove a small section of kennel so they can stick their heads through for a drink?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
hmmm...depending on your kennel setup, what if you put the bucket on the outside of the kennel, attached to the fence so they can't flip it, and remove a small section of kennel so they can stick their heads through for a drink?
Mine aren't in a kennel. They are loose in the fenced back yard.

Nick

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Crowned Member

Well, in that case, you could perhaps build something that contains the water bucket, but has an opening for their head to get in to get water.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Crowned Member

How about one of those bottles that they drink out of like hamsters? But bigger? They also have those adapters that attach to the faucet that kind of turn it into the same thing?

- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page