Another brag about my trainer :) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Another brag about my trainer :)

Today we went to our first intermediate class...and since we missed the 'actual' first class, our trainer asked us if we wanted to stay late and catch up. He said Rocky is a real gem of his classes and he loves working with him

He then spent one hour and 20 minutes after his scheduled time to leave to practice with Rocky and talk to us about shutzhund, agility, etc. He said he will be leaving after our advanced class to go to the triple crown training school...I am not really sure what that is but it is awesome that he is furthering his education so he can help us even more when he gets back!

Also, he is giving us his dog Buck's head collar that is nice and hardly worn, since money is super tight right now. (I am not sure of the exact name of it, you attach your leash to it and it looks like a horse muzzle and it keeps them from pulling) I hate to use it, but we need to at the track...

which leads me to this------------>

I told him that Rocky is an angel everywhere except the track and that I can't figure out what's wrong. And my trainer asked my boyfriend and I to email him a time this week we can meet him at the track so he can help us! For free!

This man is a SAVIOR, especially after the terrible terrible terrible time I have had with my "vet" at Banfield.

Wow. I am just so happy right now

Brag about Rocky: He learned "wait" (as in I say 'come' then 'wait' when he starts coming and he stops halfway there) in 5 minutes at class. And he is doing well with heeling!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 AM

It is nice to hear that this guy is willing to help you out on his own time. Maybe send him some videos of your progress while he is away to show him that you appreciate his help and are utilizing the skills that he has taught you.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Crowned Member

He sounds like a great guy and must think you have quite a dog! I'd bake that man a batch of chocolate chip cookies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Crowned Member

I was curious so I looked it up. Dog Training Boarding Kennel Austin TX

If you hadn't mentioned that he was going to meet you AND your boyfriend, I would've been awfully suspicious that he's not just "being nice." Hopefully, that's all he's doing.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Crowned Member

Sounds like you're using the Halti. I use it on Hondo and love it. Not only does it provide complete control with little effort, people see it and think it's a muzzle. They pretty much leave you alone.

Hondo Von Dopplet L Bauernhof "Hondo"- GSD
Lilie's Tug McGraw "Tug" - Golden Retriever
Maggie - Mini Dachshund (Rescue)
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
I was curious so I looked it up. Dog Training Boarding Kennel Austin TX

If you hadn't mentioned that he was going to meet you AND your boyfriend, I would've been awfully suspicious that he's not just "being nice." Hopefully, that's all he's doing.
This was my thought too, that he's got a bit of a crush on you Heck, even if he does, might as well get some use out of it.

Leah
Niko: American Showline GSD 5 years old
Rosa: American Muppet Dog (GSD/Border Collie mix) 5 years old
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

lol I think he has a crush on Rocky! He likes to work with Rocky because Rocky is difficult I think. It is probably an intrinsic reward, the good feeling of doing a great job with a hard to work with dog.

If I was a trainer, I would get a great deal of satisfaction when a stubborn dog started listening and doing well.

And I make some amazing cake balls so I am definitely going to make him some!!

I think cake balls and diet coke will be the death of me. Yep.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

He was very adament ( I can't spell) that my boyfriend and I BOTH had to be there He said it atleast 3 times.

I think he wanted to make sure my boyfriend knew it was just friendly....my boyfriend is a little intimidating looking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page