Really, Mom? *Facepalm* - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Really, Mom? *Facepalm*

Today, Mom sent me a pic of Aiden sitting on the couch. The corner of the cushion was chewed up.

She's always the one to catch Ozzy chewing on the couch. She never complains if Aiden shreds an entire cushion, but if Ozzy chews up a tiny corner, she throws a fit. (I guess I understand, she pays for it, he's my dog... then her dog can do no wrong...).

But I told her, "If you catch him chewing on it, swat him on the butt and tell him no." She told me she will not swat him, because he's her 'grand-dog.' I told her, "Okay, then quit complaining if you're not going to do anything about it." And she just said, "Okay."

...So she'd rather have a torn up couch than swat her 'grand-dog' on the butt? Really?

But she's going to put MOUSE TRAPS ON THE COUCHES. She's going to snap Ozzy's legs in half if she puts those things on the couch! I'll just get a pen or something and put it up with some toys and set him up somewhere while I'm gone, because I've been working longer hours lately.... Ughghghghgh! She's going to try mouse traps before a crate.

I'm so ANGRY.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 02:02 AM

Mousetraps? Seriously? Wow.

Poor Ozzy could get his face in one not to mention his paws... I hope she was joking, ozzy seems like a cool dog. ( certainly the most interesting Pom I've ever heard of. )

Aaron

Lijha ~ Sable GSD
Noni ~ Lhasa Apso
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

She's used the mousetraps before, before I got Ozzy. They worked, but she doesn't seem to get that they don't teach him not to chew on the couch. They teach him to stay away from the mouse traps. Like Shelbye's figured out that when the bark collar is on, she can't bark. The second it comes off, she's barking like a maniac. She tries all of these 'quick-fixes' and they never work. *Sigh*

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Elite Member

I know I have said this before, but it has worked.
Any little chew spot they start...just take a piece of duct tape, sprinkle black pepper on it and cover the spot. It might to be reapplied weekly, but it worked for me and some one I told.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Crowned Member

I heard about putting mouse traps on the kitchen counter to teach a dog a lesson about counter surfing. Well, I tried that. Put two mousetraps on the kitchen counter. Stupid-smart dog wouldn't even look at the counter. I take the traps off and she's back to her old tricks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page