Different training certifications, and what they mean? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Different training certifications, and what they mean?

Good day everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could point me to a thread (or if they have time/willing, write one up) concerning all the different types of training certifications (well, the big ones) available and what they entail. I was reading some of the threads in the “Brags” category, and well, I was lost on the abbreviations and acronyms. Had to google/wiki CGC, SAR, and a few others. Perhaps a sticky (or if there is already one, a pointer) about the different types of certifications, what they entail, what they mean, what goes into them, what they provide (why get them), ect.

It’s just a thought, I debated putting this in the suggestions, but such a thread probably already exists, I just can’t find it.

P.S. Sorry if its right under my nose, and I just missed it, I do attempt to find these things before making a post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Crowned Member

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM

Thanks Samba, for the link.

Special thanks to No Imagination - I wanted to ask the same question, but decided not to.

This particular site is huge, with topics spread all over the place. Sometimes, even the search engine can't help. Hope the experienced ones here don't get upset when us newbies are searching for info. We value your guidance - that's why we're here.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Elite Member

I'm happy to see this thread, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page