My first Michael Ellis training dvd - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

My first Michael Ellis training dvd

I just ordered my first one- the importance of training with food. I wasn't sure which one to start with so I thought this one would give me the basic philosophy of his training methods. Has anyone else used this one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 03:55 PM

I literally JUST finished that DVD! I loved it.. It gives a great overview of his basic philosophy, especially if your already familiar with marker training. I would suggest taking detailed notes throughout just because it helped me wrap my head around the different ideas and to remember the more specific things he talks about that I would forget during training.

I'm asking for all of the rest of them for Christmas!

Kaya (GSD) - May 9th, 2010

Kobi (Aussie) - April 1st, 2009

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks for the hint, I'll do that. I can't wait for it to arrive. I've been watching the videos on leerburg.com and finally decided to go ahead and get started. Maybe I'll ask for some others for Christmas too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
Thanks for the hint, I'll do that. I can't wait for it to arrive. I've been watching the videos on leerburg.com and finally decided to go ahead and get started. Maybe I'll ask for some others for Christmas too!
i saw some of his stuff on line but was interupted before i got his info how can i find him again ? i really liked what he was saying.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I saw several clips of his videos on Leerburg's Dog Training DVDs and Free Dog Training ebooks
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
thanks i'm ordering his video.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Crowned Member

I've only seen his clips, but I love what I see. I'd like to get his heeling video, unfortunately it will cost about $100+ because of shipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I wanted to get that one too but I thought I'd start with the basics to understand the philosophy. If I get the heeling one I'll lend it to you
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Crowned Member

That would be awesome!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 AM

The Ivan Balabanov video set is quite good too. Very similar to the Ellis videos with slightly different terms. He goes into focused healing too. Look on eBay for a cheap 4 DVD set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page